Galliano Menswear Astonishing

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
seems like John Galliano's first ever menswear line for spring summer 04 is flying out of the Maria Luisa chic menswear boutique in Paris, since Mme Poumaillou is happy to announce.
The entire ss04 order was delivered right before christmas and was already sold out, without a single J.G. homme item in sight. Astonished by the success, the boutique reordered whatever was reorderable and now waits for more.
Galliano Homme is just been delivered in 75 stores worldwide, including Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus in the U.S.

in the meantime on January 21, John G. transforms his Paris womenswear boutique to an ephemeral Galliano menswear spot, celebrating the 'official' debut of Galliano Homme. Expect pinstriped suits cut on the bias, embroidered toreador tracksuits and slouchy cowboy jeans.
The Homme collection will stay on display at Galliano's shop for the full week of Paris Collections Homme fw04-05, kicking off with the Galliano collection on Jan. 23.

Sedi Slimane sends out his Dior Homme on the last day of the menswear shows, Jan. 23.

I sensed this wold happen, good for him. :flower: Can't wait to see the line. :woot:

Thanks for the report, Lena! :flower:

Galliano is brilliant :blush: this is lovely, I really want to see the line as well :flower:

Does anyone know a site with images from his menswear collection?

Am I the only one not in the least interested? :innocent:

Personally,I think its just another attempt to make more people fawn over his ridiculous creations. Silliness is not my style which I'm sure this will be like.

Im intrested to see it, at least becuas I do some times enjoy galliano, but I dount think its going to be spectacular at all.

in the new arena mag there is a shoot of his men's line (shot by nick night) and i think it's horriable. or at least what they showed in the mag.

i mean really, frayed denim and metal studs. is so 5 years ago.

a note for all my FS friends because some might not be getting the purpose of this topic here:

i dont like Galliano's Homme (or Femme) this topic was only to bring you the news on how well his line is selling (or pre-selling) in Paris and on how he will re-define the boutique for fw04-05 mens shows :wink:

overpriced...........ordinary.....bad prints just the same as the newspaper womenswear

the only good thing in the collection is the cowboy boots IMO

I went to 10 Corso Como today... It's not like they have the full line, but what they did have was okay I guess. Seemed to be good quality, sown well. The style is really not revolutionary in any way, it felt like something any sterotypical gay man would choose to wear to look fabulous...

:yuk:

Originally posted by tott@Jan 11th, 2004 - 1:43 am
I went to 10 Corso Como today... It's not like they have the full line, but what they did have was okay I guess. Seemed to be good quality, sown well. The style is really not revolutionary in any way, it felt like something any sterotypical gay man would choose to wear to look fabulous...

:yuk:
:woot: lucky you for visiting Corso Como 10 tott*
the best pieces must have been sold out already.

Off topic:::
what else did you notice while in Corso Como?
i'm dying to know :blush:

Well I would love to wear Galliano's stuff if I could afford it and I'm not gay...maybe I'm just sexually repressed or something...actually maybe I'm just insane...

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 11th, 2004 - 2:07 am
...actually maybe I'm just insane...
:lol: :heart: for your insanity :flower:

I saw a sample of the line at Jeffrey in NYC. The tailored pieces looked alright. The T's were a little campy in typical Galliano fashion. I liked some of it, but way too overpriced! I'll stick w/ Hedi at Dior at that level of pricing. I see hype!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->