Game of Thrones

^I had to look away at one point during that scene, too long a montage :doh:

In the 1st episode when Jamie and Cersei are at the map of westeros he mentions that the Tyrells supply Kings Landing with their food. In this episode apparently Daenerys has to blockade Kings Landing so no food can get in. Why doesn't Olenna just tell the reach to stop supplying KL with food? It makes no sense. If Olenna has enough sway to control the Tyrell army then she has enough influence to stop food shipments.

The foreshadowing is so obvious at this point. Its like Dan and Dave are not even trying.

Yikes that's such a terrible sword fighting scene. But I agree, the concept of a whip and a spear in closed quarter fighting is silly. I know it's their trademark weapons, but it doesn't mean they have to use it every single time, especially in situations where it's disadvantaged. Even Daario said so in the past seasons of GoT, where the unsullied spears are a disadvantage in Mereen's tight spaces against daggers and swords. It seemed like GoT's producers just said "you know what, we effed up Dorne, let's just chuck it" - and good riddance.

Olenna Tyrell(AKA Mothah) is hands down my favorite character. Her reads(insults) are legendary. Cersei may unfortunately be unstoppable, I'm interested to see Daenerys retaliation and for the Stark reunion. All this hacking is wrong but I'm kinda hoping the next few episodes arrive online early :mrgreen:

I've only watched clips of it on youtube, but needless to say, this time traveling in these past seasons vs the slow pace of the prior seasons is really jarring.

I've just watched the (leaked) 6th episode.

I saw it was well, visually it was stunning, god they had some great shots. There were some things in the script that annoyed the heck out of me (seriously, the wights couldn't have just launched spears or arrows across the lake, the night king just waited for everyone to take a nap and wake up again to attack like he couldn't freeze the lake again, he couldn't attack Drogon who was just standing there with everyone on his back as opposed to a flying target? nobody took any dragonglass weapons beyond the wall, Arya just being an annoying little b*tch with no logic?) but it was a good episode.

I am LOVING the costumes for Sansa, Dany and Cersei, Michelle Clapton really knocked it out of the park.

Dany's winter dress in this episode looked like she came straight out of the Fendi Haute Fourrure runway.

Sansa in last weeks episode looked sensational and I'm glad we got to see her dress without the cloak but still had the fur shoulders... reminds me of something Chanel or Azzedine Alaia would do.

Cersei had a great dedication to the black long sleeve gowns, she would probably love Stephane Rolland

^I thought exactly the same thing, cool outfit but Sansa's wedding dress is still the best costume so far in the series. I loved the Alaia reference in Dany's coat though.

Episode 6th was very messy, hated all the deus ex machina and time inconsistencies.I'm normally not too nitpicky with this series since I haven't read the books but this time around you could notice how hard D&D were fighting to cram all the action in so little air time.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ The show has been doing it's own thing since Season 4 or 5 because GRRM still hasn't finished the series (I don't read the books, so apologies if I'm off on the Season that they showrunners derailed...)

The show's finally devolved into an expensive, dumb Saturday morning cartoon in this Season. It was already on a downward spiral since Season 4, it's just become so blatantly unapologetic how they just don't care about logic and consistency anymore, whether it's for the storyline, timeline or characterization. Nothing remotely even makes sense at this point-- but it looks gorgeous with the cinematography and blockbuster-level CGI. And that's all that matters to the masses.

Speakin'a costumes. (src: 9gag.com)

aP97Z4Q_700b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->