GAP S/S 2010 Tokyo

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Showcased for the first time in Tokyo yesterday, the Gap S/S ’10 season has firmly put spring in our step. Full of fresh floral prints, gorgeous pastel shades, pale denim minis, waistcoats, 7/8ths, maxidresses and bikinis (yes, remember them), it made us want to kick up our Pierre Hardy for Gap wedges – that’ll be another addition to the wardrobe then – and head for the Little House on the Prairie hills. Executive vice president of design, Patrick Robinson, was of course there to introduce the new collection and tell us a little bit about the thought behind it. 'For summer 2010 there is a new lightness, ease and innocence; mini floral prints which are mismatched and layered into a kaleidoscope of pretty colour,' he revealed to Grazia Daily. 'Dresses are worn in the style of aprons, layered over shirts and paired with patchwork denim. Every season I think about how to show denim, and for summer I was influenced by folk rock which I felt combined that innate ease at the heart of Gap with a tougher edge - modernizing the look. Broderie Anglaise tops and dresses are inspired by vintage cotton underpinnings but updated by mixing with destructed white denim and Pierre Hardy’s super-high espadrille platform wedges.'

grazia

Attachments

• gapspring1.jpg
    gapspring1.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 54
  • gapspring2.jpg
    gapspring2.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 49
source: style

Gap creative director Patrick Robinson took a push-pull approach for the global debut of his Spring 2010 collection yesterday in Tokyo, offering a mixed-up pastoral look set against this high-tech metropolis. “In summer you want to see something green. You want to escape,” Robinson explained during the presentation. “So I just made fun of that. I made these urban gardeners.” Since Robinson took the reins in 2007, Gap’s Spring show has hopped around on a world tour that’s made its way to Tokyo via New York two years ago and London last season. On each stop, the designer tries to reflect a sense of place.

For the Tokyo show, staged in the hip Omotesando district, he described the collection as having an urban eclectic DIY element. The look here revolved around three main stories: the virginal, featuring loads of pale denim paired with wispy vintage-inspired broderie anglaise pieces; the ultra-layered gardener, consisting of mismatched florals and washed out plaids over khakis; and finally, the folkster, with flowing scarves, khaki jackets, and patchworked denim. Nude and navy platform espadrilles and floral-accented deck shoes by Pierre Hardy kept all three looks grounded. “For Fall this will totally change. Everyone goes back to work,” Robinson remarked. But oh, to keep making daisy chains forever.

Attachments

• gapspring3.jpg
    gapspring3.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 37
source: luluscouture.com

Attachments

• gapspring4.jpg
    gapspring4.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 25
these prints look very well done. fashionsnap

Attachments

• gap5.jpg
    gap5.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 6
  • gap4.jpg
    gap4.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 10
  • gap3.jpg
    gap3.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 5
  • gap2.jpg
    gap2.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 8
  • gap1.jpg
    gap1.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 8
  • gap6.jpg
    gap6.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 10
  • gap7.jpg
    gap7.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 13
yes it does reminds me of a little bit of marc jacobs in its hobo period i love the cut of those pants and jackets though

^Was that intentionally haiku-like? Because I definitely read it like that and then went back to check the syllables.

:ninja: (Obviously had to include a stereotypical Japanese smilie.)

As for my actual thoughts on the collection, because otherwise my post would be off-topic: I adore the liberty print. Unfortunately probably nothing will look this good when it gets to stores in the spring...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->