Garage #16 S/S 2019 : Billie Eilish by Takashi Murakami

garage.vice.com
Hair Blake Erik at Forward Artists; Makeup Samuel Paul at Forward Artists; Prosthetics Sarah Sirkin; Manicurist Betina Goldstein; Set Designer Robert Doran at Frank Reps; Digi Tech James Goethals; Photographer Assistant Ben Thomson; Fashion Assistants Taylor Kim and Masha Ossovskaya; Hair Assistant Raina D. Leon; Prop Assistants Brian Soule and Ashley Degarmo; Tailor Kate Casey at 7th Bone Tailoring; SFX Assistant Malina Stearns; Producer Holly Gore at Rosco Production; Production Coordinator Davin Singh; Production Assistants Andres Raygoza and Dre Norwood; Sound Tech Johnny Karlsson; Tarot Reader Rachel True; Special Thanks to Brittani McNeal; Retouching Joseph Tripi; Custom Cover Type by Tezzo Suzuki

Black Cotillion

Credits: Hair Jawara at Bryant Artists, Makeup Grace Ahn at Julian Watson Agency, Models Imari Karanja at IMG, Lineisy Montero at Next Models, Hiandra Martinez at Next Models, Tami Williams at The Society Management, Eniola Abioro at Next Models, and Selena Forrest at Next Models, Manicurist Honey at Exposure NY, Photographer’s assistants Matt Borkowski and Teddy Nelson, Video assistant Ousman Diallo, Fashion assistants Taylor Angino and Jared Ellner, Hair assistants Kashima Parris, Shamicka, Tiara Nicole Keith, and Robert Prince, Makeup assistants Sena Murahashi and Ivelisse Rosado, Manicurist assistant Kristy Williams, Production Libi Molnar and Alice Franchi,On Set Production Izzy Cohan, Production Coordinator Courtney Berman, Production assistants Giovanni Montoya and Richard Nwaoko, Location Scout Nicole Van Straatum, Catering Red Hook Catering

garage.vice.com

Oh wow, Black Cotillion, what an ed. STUNNING, artistic, exquisite!!!

obsessed with that editorial

They are really trying to push cyberpunk into the mainstream again, aren't they? Can't they just find a new thing instead of recycling 90s trends? I'm already bored!

Love the cover and Billie (for her style only)
Murakami imo has gone right off and os slowly working his way to Damien Hirst/Jeff Koons level of annoying. This need for him to hang on the latest bit rapper or hype fashion show is strangely off-putting.

She's everywhere nowadays, kudos to her PR people but her music is boring and her style is unimaginative. Kate Bush she ain't.

That black "cotillion" (didn't know that word existed in english) could have used some booze, nudity, men or something. My church organized more decadent parties.

it was necessary to put "Black" ? besides that i think its amazing editorial...

Another pop star full of marketing to make her look like unusual and interesting. That's so 2010's Lady Gaga. We have seen that many times before, next.

I forgot to mention that the pink Prada dress shown above is so tacky, like something Paris Hilton would wear while flashing photographers. Ugh...

I feel like no one in this thread has even listened to Billie Eilish. I mean for starters she’s not trying to be Kate Bush, she doesn’t sound like her, her music is way too modern to compare to Kate Bush. Random af comment. The Lady Gaga (WHAT?!) comparison is so overdone, with every female “pop” artist since she came onto the scene; the same as every new female rapper being compared to Nicki Minaj. She’s nothing like Lady Gaga. She’s 17. This is acceptable for her, she’s still growing. Gaga is almost 40, she knew what she was doing and she played the public. Billie Eilish isn’t trying to sound like anyone except Billie Eilish, that’s apparent if you listen to her debut album and not just the couple songs that are played on the radio. And she’s cool. Besides her music, she’s worn Murakami for a couple years so this was cool to see the two of them collaborate. I just hate when it seems like people diss and write off anything and anybody without even giving it a shot. It’s been a long day, so I don’t mean to be super rude. I just fell in love with her music recently but she’s already one of the very few I will defend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->