Gary Graham Fall 2004

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
From fashionwiredaily.com
Astrologer's Delight
Gary Graham's gypsy chic girls

NEW YORK: Sunday, February 08, 2004

THE LOOK: A dynamic and striking collection from one of the most anticipated young designers on the scene. Corsets, prints, and layered hose kept the crowd’s eyes dilated. Omyrha closed the show wearing a gypsy striped shell top and the “Kitchen Sink” skirt, awash in layers of patches and ruffles. Must-haves: The gleaming “Treasurer Jacket,” and the quilted iridescent women’s coat.

HEAVILY OVERUSED BUZZWORDS: Layered, prints, palm readings

SEEN:
Photographer Ellen von Unwerth, carrying a black Marc Jacobs bag with red piping-spotted shooting all the models backstage, particularly Omyhra. Also exchanged info with fellow photog Dirk Kikstra.
Barneys’ Julie Gilhart gave Gary a standing ovation.
Stylist Rebecca Weinberg, the Vogue girls, including Meredith Melling Burke

HEARD:
Mickey Boardman, Paper magazine
“I’m an animal lover, so the fact that he showed fur…I love Gary and this collection was more marketable than usual, which is good for him, but not what I’m used to seeing from him…I’m used to his post-apocalyptic, ‘Little House On The Prairie’ mix…Very marketable, wearable, and fun.”

Phyllis Leibowitz, Stylist
“Gary Graham is one of the only original designers of New York fashion week.”

Omyhra, model
“It’s great man, the best. Gary is the best of the best. F*#!-ing great clothes.”

Ellen von Unwerth, photographer
“I thought it was eccentric…This is what I want to see people wearing everyday…such a fantasy collection!”

Finola Hughes, former soap star, current Style Network reporter
“I loved it…the gypsy look, the whole garter-belt thing…I must wear the simple black skirt with green embellishment.”

DJ Wilson Chan (aka Mr. Wilson DJ)
On his music selection: “I listened to ‘gypsy electronica’ and didn’t hear anything I liked so I made my own thing…I mixed a blend of Truth Heart, Crystal Waters, Fleetwood Mac, and opened the show with ‘Addicted’…I wanted the models to enjoy it backstage and for the audience to remember the songs.”

SCOOP:
The last men’s look modeled on the runway—a brushed twill jacket and striped wool pants accompanied by feathers and a fork necklace—was modeled by Roberto, MAO Space’s Roger Padilha’s boyfriend.

Ellen von Unwerth wants to use Gary’s clothes for an upcoming shoot.
JIM SHI

anyone have pictures of this show? :flower:

I saw a little bit of the show on the Style Network. Not bad,not bad. But it reminds me too much of previous Anna Sui collections for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->