GCDS F/W 2024.25 Milan

And it is an absolute no from me! Although I do like the shades of red on display.

Mind you, I feel GCDS in a way came out of nowhere and has been able to stick around and maintain shop pretty successfully which is to be commended. Still don’t like it, but pats on the back and snaps of the fingers for that.

Is Carine Roitfeld really so desperate as to debase herself with this stuff?
She is more flattered to be called by younger talents. But between Laquan Smith and this, I’m not sure it’s the best.
In a way, it forces her to be out of her comfort zone. I actually think she did a good job here.

I was getting tired of her styling tricks…Because she is better in editorials or prints than on shows.

I don't know, for someone with her resume, sometimes there's just more dignity in saying no.

I don't know, for someone with her resume, sometimes there's just more dignity in saying no.
I understand. You’re kinda right but she styled Philipp Plein years ago…So I guess she can’t get worse.
I guess you can’t say no to a good check but I also understand that strategy is covering many markets even though in Italy, she is working with « obscur brands » that have the money.

She does less campaigns now. 5 years ago she had Chanel, Max Mara, Tom Ford + Tom Ford beauty and Vuitton.

Tom Ford beauty hasn’t released a campaign yet so, I don’t know if she has maintained that. I don’t know if Givenchy is presenting something. I guess LVMH is her biggest client still but she has a small company to run.

She doesn’t have THAT designer anymore like Riccardo or Karl or Tom. MAS for example can just do Paco Rabanne and Louis Vuitton. Emmanuelle has Isabel Marant.
Now that Jeremy Scott is gone, Carlyne is less present.

It’s a tough business. Her name has a weight even though now the top stylists are Lotta and others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->