Geil Magazine: Foundation of Lies

Reaction score
Why the 'cheese' set is cheesed off
SYDNEY'S fashion set is in a tizz over a smooth-talking, designer-clad Italian dubbed "the Talented Mr Mancinetti" after he racked up huge bills across town for a series of lavish fashion shoots. Smiley-faced Dan Mancinetti lured Sydney's top photographers, stylists, models and designers with an irresistible opportunity to work for a new global fashion magazine he claimed was about to be launched, to be called Geil.

Many claim to be owed thousands of dollars and say Mancinetti has failed to pay. He maintains all the bills will be paid, though his creditors say Mancinetti is no longer returning their calls.
It was only three weeks ago that Mancinetti, in a natty white dinner jacket with bow tie, held court at the glamorous opening party for the Luxe photographic studio in East Sydney, joined by a gaggle of models, fashion designers, photographers, make-up artists, hairdressers and fashionistas.
Mancinetti had been a client of the Luxe studios, holding several fashion shoots featuring male models wearing the latest local and international labels costing tens of thousands of dollars.
PS understands the manager of Luxe, Dolores Lavin, has also been unsuccessfully attempting to contact Mancinetti to settle his accounts.
The high-profile Sydney fashion photographer Jez Smith was also owed a "considerable" amount, while the modelling agent Ben Luker was eventually paid by Mancinetti, but only after Luker, on his own admission, made several heated calls to get his money.
Mancinetti's creditors each confirmed they had been independently warned about doing business with the Italian after news of his arrival in Sydney caught the attention of the international fashion world.
London's Select Models Management and the Milan fashion photographer Doug Ordway both sent warnings to their Sydney counterparts about Mancinetti.
When PS made email contact with Mancinetti yesterday, he said he was aware of the warnings "about me and my credentials". He said outstanding invoices would be "settled by the end of the month" but did not divulge who was owed what, nor would he elaborate on the magazine Geil or whether the photo shoots would ever be published.

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/05/30/1211654305479.html

Saw this on fashin. I think its kind of funny that he pulled this off for so long. Geil actually looks like a good mag though.

in german the word 'geil' means 'awesome', especially younger people say that, but the original meaning of that word is 'horny' so it's a kind a weird name for a magazine... :blink: :lol:

It's crazy, I worked for the first issue of that magazine.
The whole time I was thinking I was talking to several people, only to realize in the end it was only him, Mancinetti, and clearly in the end NEVER got paid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->