Prada... The All-Things Prada Handbags Thread

I have never seen a lining or a tag like the one your bag has, however, I do not think it is fake because (like others have said) it is too unique. Since you say that you bought it from a model, it may have been an early sample or a gift from the house, which would explain why it isnt exactly "consumer" ready. I do not think it would be worth very much, but its a very interesting bag.

More info discovered

While I was looking on ebay, I found some more vintage Prada. They all had that same lining and inside tag. The only difference is the "PRADA for Saks Fifth Avenue" label. None of them said "for Saks Fifth Avenue". Personally, I think mine is much for versitle because it is black and seems to be for traveling. The embossing makes it so. The red one also had a rip and a pen mark. Mine is in near perfect condition.

Update:
I finally got a hold of the Saks in NY and they are looking into the bag. I got to speak to the manager/buyer of the Prada department!!!!! She definitely thought is was real (emailed pictures), and really rare because it was made exclusively for Saks by Prada. She said that had to be done before the daughter took over. The woman said if anything, someone there would probably purchase it from me since it is so unique. She was going to let me know her findings by next week.

I havn't really looked at PRADA but curious as to what there is. Any personal favorites out there? :D

oh baby, i LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this one:heart:
I :heart: PRADA :blush: :P :lol: :heart: :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
I l0ve the grey one.. patent leather.. so beautiful :heart:

I really like them, and i usually don't like prada bags.. :smile:

Prada and Fendi at Sam's club

I was in Sam's club and saw they have a few Prada (nylon) and Fendi bags. The prices are reasonable. I had to ask the lady if they were authentic and she said "of course". Has anyone else seen them there? I didn't look closely to see if they were authentic. I love Fendi and Prada but I think it really cheapens the brand to have them sold at Sam's.

I dont know what Sam's is, but I dont like the Prada nylon bags, sorry. They get faked so much.

prada's frame bags for fall are fantastic:heart:

i will be getting one in the brown floral print with all the embroidery at the clasp, its very beautiful. plus, this season they are all lined in leather!

Yea, the frame bags are definitely interesting!

Unfortunately most of the time, people tend to associate Prada with the nylon bags that they make and I am not really not a fan of that line.

aspen said:
I was in Sam's club and saw they have a few Prada (nylon) and Fendi bags. The prices are reasonable. I had to ask the lady if they were authentic and she said "of course". Has anyone else seen them there? I didn't look closely to see if they were authentic. I love Fendi and Prada but I think it really cheapens the brand to have them sold at Sam's.

Prada at Sam's Club??? :blink: .. Im not sure about that one.. Who woulda thought??

Prada Sample Sale: Authentic?

Hello fellow couture lovers. I had a quick question about the Prada Sample Sale in NYC. I don't know if anyone here has been to/heard of it but the site is www.PradaSampleSale.com

My question is: Is this sale legitimate?

I bought a Prada purse from there (sorry no picture) but it only has an authenticity certificate card and nothing else. The price listed on the wholeseller's tag (not retailer) was 1400. The authenticity card says it's a BR1761 Cocco Swing Moro, but I can't seem to find any record of a bag called that online. Plus, one of the saleswomen there claimed it was an authentic crocodile. Has anyone heard of that bag? It has a metal handle in a D shape with two seperate pouches hanging from the straight part of it and appears to be crocodile (chocolate color).

And I do have a factory number on the inside of the bag, could I authenticate it that way? Thanks for any help you might be able to give me! I love this forum btw, only found it today but I'm definately going to be a regular!

you should contact the prada headquarters about the site and see if its legit.
if they are indeed real prada sample sales, then you wont have to worry about the authenticity :smile:
if not... well. you get the idea.

It's a SAMPLE sale

Which means that most of the things there are samples which often don't make it all the way to the stores, which is probably why you didn't find anything about that style.

And yes, both the site and the sale are the real deal.

I :heart: This one- it just looks yummy!
NMV5464_mp.jpg

i just wish however, that the prada name wasn't so big on the brass plate. I saw it in person at the local neiman marcus, and it's more obvious than it shows in the picture

it's true i saw a few prada and fendi bags in a glass case at my local sams club. they were by the jewelry, and i was mortified to see them there. i mean these bags are supposed to be exclusive. Sams club ( it's like cosco) is where you go for bulk toilet paper, not designer bags.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that too a while ago, along with some designers scarves and other little things. I dont really mind since typically it's like fendi monogram and canvas, you wont seea spy on the prada frame bags there

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->