George Barnett

Carolyn Massey F/W 10.11 London

massaw100182.jpg

catwalking.com

George Barnett’s first modelling job was Hedi Slimane’s last show for Dior Homme in 2007. Since then, his wraith-pale, angular features have made him one of the most recognisable faces in men’s fashion. He’s got the saintly sinner look that appeals to designers like Alber Elbaz and Miuccia Prada. But modeling is moonlighting for him. His heart belongs to These New Puritans - http://www.thesenewpuritans.com - the band he formed with his twin brother Jack, bassist Thomas Hein and keyboard player Sophie Sleigh-Johnson. Though Jack does the writing and singing, it’s George’s drumming that anchors the band’s new album Hidden. It manages to sound complex (George says his hero is that crown prince of the paradiddle, Bill Bruford, once drummer for Yes and King Crimson), tribal and even a little medieval, all at the same time, which is actually a pretty reasonable description for the odd but alluring art rock of the Puritans. Give “Three Thousand,” “Attack Music,” or “Drum Courts - Where Corals Lie” a whirl while you think about George Barnett, living proof that it’s handy to have Something Else to fall back on.

—Tim Blanks
models1blog

tnps.jpg

I interviewed These New Puritans recently and posted it on my blog today, it has a couple of mentions of George! :smile:

From now on I’ll just leave it to the people who can really sing. I think that on the third album we might actually get a different guest singer for every song. George really wants Neneh Cherry to sing on one of our songs and Richard Sinclair from Caravan and Camel would be lovely too.
More of the interview and the future plans of the band are to be found here:
http://truantsblog.com/2010/03/07/secret-recordings-were-made-in-the-marsh/

x610lj.jpg

LONDON, ENGLAND - FEBRUARY 24: A model walks down the catwalk during the James Long show as part of London Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2010 at the BFC Show space at Somerset House on February 24, 2010 in London, England.
daylife

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->