Amica-Produktion: Grit Stern

p. 156 / 1 page / Beauty Talk
model: Sasha Pivovarova

On the final page (184:(
Valentina Zeliaeva in Ralph Lauren / Style el Sheikh

... and the last words in this issue are:
"Die nächste Amica erscheint.... uns unwahrscheinlich. But fashion never dies!"
"The next Amica comes out / appears... unlikely to us. Aber Mode stirbt nie!"

I never bothered to buy this, but it's always sad to see a magazine go. Thanks for your scans. I especially like the page with all the cover.

another magazine is closing, it's bad, very bad :(

another magazine is closing, it's bad, very bad :(

Is Amica closing ? Why is Amica closing ?

I loved this Mag !!! The people bought it well I think ,This is so sadly another mag is closing :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Eva for the final issue? Groundbreaking.

medienblog.blog.de

Officially because of trends on the advertising market.

Thank you !!! I am really sad about this ,they should close another "boring" mags and not a fashion mag like Amica :(:angry::cry:

i think Eva looks good..RIP Amica Germ. :/

Thank you !!! I am really sad about this ,they should close another "boring" mags and not a fashion mag like Amica :(:angry::cry:
Funny, I always considered Amica to one of the boring mags...

contents

last magazine page with Valentina and the words "But Fashion Never Dies!"

achAT-scans

Eva Mendes

photo by Mark Abrahams

achAT-scans

Such a pity that's the last issue :(
That cover is lovely, chic and elegant

Ah, so there we have it: Amicas' last issue... Well, to me this mag never has been über-exciting or special (there have been some really nice features and eds but nothing too interesting IMO), especially because there are just SO many other mags with this concept. Still, I'm a bit sad that it won't be produced anymore. Because after german Vanity Fair closing aswell, I really hope there we won't have to give up more german mags!

Anyways: thanks a lot for all the preview scans achAT :flower:

And another one bites the dust, sigh.

I thought exactly the same with the same words when I read it was their last issue ever :shock: So sad. It's not the best magazine of the world but definitely not the worst. I remember I've found a few pearls inside from time to time and always used to check every issue everytime I was in Germany. It's really too bad, especially after Mixte going to close as well. I hope we won't lose all the mags that provide us with a real alternative to mainstream, whatever the level (high fashion, underground or even high-end commercial).

Sorry, I really don't want to bash Amica at all, but in what way did it provide 'us' with a real alternative to mainstream. It's not like it was a cutting edge independent publication or something. If you look at their covers you see for example most of them were reprinted celeb shots. Not exactly a real alternative to mainstream, in my opinion.

Sorry, I really don't want to bash Amica at all, but in what way did it provide 'us' with a real alternative to mainstream. It's not like it was a cutting edge independent publication or something. If you look at their covers you see for example most of them were reprinted celeb shots. Not exactly a real alternative to mainstream, in my opinion.

I didn't say it is(was) the best magazine offering the best alternative to others but at its level it was far from bad and, from time to time, featured things I didn't find in other magazines of the same level or even higher. It might be the point of someone like me who is focusing a lot on models. From this point of view, Amica was sometimes very helpful to find decent editorials for models who are just starting or have been a little silent lately. I don't consider these editorials as the ultimate to have in a portfolio though many times they were quite good.
I don't pay any attention to covers so I didn't mind the reprinted celebs on it. I don't pay attention to this in general and many so-called high level mags have bad cover as well, if not reprinted they are often bad shots of overexposed celebrities. Just my point. But I agree with you, for someone focusing the overall editorial including styling, who shot it etc it wasn't the most thrilling magazine and could easily be considered as mainstream and even totally uninteresting.

I completely second that, Penny
I will miss a low priced and decent mag that may provide a book for models at the beginning of their careers... especially when you love surprises and diamonds in the rough
In memory, Erin Heatherton in German Amica, at the beginning of her career...
:heart:

mariemaud.canalblog.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->