Get Knock Off Purses

Discussion in 'Handbags' started by Nixon058, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

I dont know if i would do it. I probably would :innocent:

2. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

NEVER!
    just because over here the you can buy a REAL bag for the peice of 2 knockoffs :wacko:

..well thats not the reason. but i dont see the poitn in knockoffs

3. wyatt.

wyatt. New Member

no. they hurt my feelings.

4. chanel_girl

chanel_girl Melody Nelson

Never ever,ever,ever,ever in a bajillion years

5. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

Thanks for the imput amigos!

6. Plumour

Plumour New Member

7. LadyIllusion

LadyIllusion New Member

8. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

I know a lot of people here feel very strongly about this so I will say it quietly... :ninja:
    ...it has never really bothered me that much. So, maybe.

9. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

haha i totally agree, but some i wouldnt bother getting because they are so obviously fake. :wacko:

10. vintage_princess

vintage_princess Adorable illusion

hey shouldnt this be in the fake topic? :sick:

11. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

it should be but since its a POLL it gets its own space :flower:

12. FabulousFashion

FabulousFashion New Member

No, I don't think I could ever buy a knock off! It's really offending to the designer! lol gotta LUV the real thing! ;)

13. Glamourina

Glamourina New Member

No, I'd never buy a knock off! They give me hives! Ok, not really but I loathe them. Me and a friend have a secret signal we use whenever one of us sees a knock off bag lol.

I dunno, I just don't see the point of knock offs. People obviously buy them for the status, but there are so many bags out there that are cuter and less expensive. I mean, who honestly buys the LV monogram canvas pochette because they think they're cute? It's all about status, well that and it's the most affordable one in the collection. :ninja: I'm on to you, teenyboppers!

14. whereisthatsusu

whereisthatsusu New Member

IMO it's fine for those who buy knockoffs because they're "pretty"

but thumbs down to buying knockoffs to fake a status symbol

15. TheSweetest

TheSweetest New Member

no! I am totally against it because it's not worth it. you either buy the original if you can afford it, but don't go out and get a deliberate imitation. I think what is really worth doing is going somewhere and taking the money you would have paid for a fake and by a couple of cute, less expensive bags. I think it should really be about wearing a fashionable bag and not about wearing a designer's bag.

16. MJCouture

MJCouture Active Member

no. Not only is it demaning to the designers, but it makes one look like a fool for carying it. GEEEROOOSSS.

17. LadyIllusion

LadyIllusion New Member

I have bought fake bags in the past,(3yrs ago) before my re-education and respect for designers. I wouldn't buy a fake or authentic bag for status at all. My bags are bought because (1) I love it (2) Its an investment, something with timelessness (3) something to finish off my outfit/shoes... simple really :heart:

18. BritBagLady

BritBagLady New Member

I agree! It was a case of "I love that style so much I'll get anything that looks like it" but now I'm uncomfortable because I've got to know every detail of the original and the fakes just dont cut it.
    I was in River Island today and saw a :sick: copy of the Luella bag in white,I wouldn't condemn anyone who bought a fake because I know how it feels to desperately want a certain bag and have to settle for a lookalike cos you're young and wouldn't know how to get the original or cant afford it, but I'm past that myself.
    Also, I'm presuming that your talking street trader/Ebay fakes? Cos walk into any High Street Shop and there's a copy sitting there. Loads of people just see a bag and like it, they dont know its actually a rip-off of a designer one.

19. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

I would not get a knockoff. I think they are very cheezy,

Now if it was a low-price purse in a shape that was famous, but it didn't otherwise try to look like the famous brand (like monograms or a signature gimmick like a certain type of hardware or a shaped pocket or something) then I would get it. Like a low-priced bag that was of a shape like a Fendi Baguette, but didn't have the F buckle, ect. If I liked that shape of purse, I'd sure buy it, and consider that it was "inspired" by the Fendi shape.

Ditto the classic "Kelly Bag" shape. This is a classic and utilitarian shape of a bag, and while I will never be able to afford an Hermes in this lifetime, if I found something that shape, at a lower cost, I would probably buy it. It is just an attractive, aesthetically pleasing style.

20. vintage_princess

vintage_princess Adorable illusion

I agree. Some people are not aware that its copying the style of well known designer bag and they buy it because they like it. Thats why i dont mind knock off purses....by i dont like seeing knock off purses when people on ebay are trying to rip off customers who cant tell the difference between whats authentic and fake.