Giambattista Valli F/W 09.10 Paris

I've never really 'got' Valli, and this definately won't be the season I start 'getting' his work.

I like it so far, I keep thinking of Saint Laurent´s work this season, his russian inspired collection in this particular case, those belts with tassels, blouses, fur trims, beadings.

It is a very grown up look and that tends to scare people a little, but unless afluent woman decide to die in their thirties, there will be a need for this sort of clothes, so is actually inspiring to see him embracing that demographic in such a glamourous way.

345,http%3A%2F%2Fd.yimg.com%2Fa%2Fp%2Fap%2F20090309%2Fcapt.29f065362a094ace833ee143b83abbff.france_fashion_meu110.jpg
news.yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
The blue dress and cape is really beautiful.
I'm very interested to see how the peacock feathers move.

Waiting to see the full collection...

I kinda like what I see so far. Valli is my favourite designer so I might be bias but I am sure there are some great pieces in this collection.

^^ Me too. Mine too.

I'm afraid, if I don't like this collection from Valli, the title of "Favourite" might have to be passed to someone else.

i like it... Something different from Valli, but lovely.
Adore the sandals as well.
HQs

coutorture.com

^_^ I love his work, he got into my 'favourite' category with Fall 08'--- that collection is divine.

Anyway, Cathy Horyn's review doesn't seen very positive.

I’ve just come from something like a mausoleum show at Giambattista Valli. He reprised, if possible, some of the dowdiest Saint Laurent shapes. The midi! The dirndl — with wide waist bands and tasseled belts! I wondered if Valli was being perverse, but I can’t imagine what magical words a saleswoman will have to say over those leaden clothes to get them to move.

the only thing i hate in it is fur element. that was too much...

coutorture

Last edited by a moderator:
^_^ I love his work, he got into my 'favourite' category with Fall 08'--- that collection is divine.

Anyway, Cathy Horyn's review doesn't seen very positive.

That's when I fell in love with him also.
I wish he would do more like that. It was spectacular.

Oh dear . . that review doesn't sound good.

Oh man Cathy, ouch, but she is dead on, this collection looks dowdy, and yes how on earth will this translate into good sale result's, unless they turn to major modification.

It's very Saint Laurent, too Saint Laurent actually.

And peacock printed Duchesse? Only in life or death situations, GV. :yuk:

am i the only one who thinks bernhard is the only one who can get away with doing dirndls? :lol:

^ I can't say for sure, but you're not the only one who thinks Valli shouldn't do them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->