Giambattista Valli S/S 2025 Paris

Glad he passed on the very dated ginornous tulle and crinolines bustier dresses, good for him to experiment with a lighter hand. Still not interesting to me.

It’s a “pretty” collection… but some of the looks are too… “referential” (I wanted to say “b*stardized”) towards Valentino HC Fall 2010 (the opening looks) or Lagerfeld’s Chanel I cannot… there are some elements of MGC’s Dior inside geez…

Nonetheless I think he will be able to attract the “Alessandro Michele’s Valentino” refugees…

He obviously has the skills but no horizon beyond the conventional/stereotypical idea of „pretty“ - Oscar de la Renta or Carolina Herrera feel more modern and easy by comparison. A bit of contrast is sorely missing.

It’s a “pretty” collection… but some of the looks are too… “referential” (I wanted to say “b*stardized”) towards Valentino HC Fall 2010 (the opening looks) or Lagerfeld’s Chanel I cannot… there are some elements of MGC’s Dior inside geez…

Nonetheless I think he will be able to attract the “Alessandro Michele’s Valentino” refugees…
I was going to say this is a great collection to poach the Valentino clientele that Alessandro is most likely going to alienate. I could be wrong. It's pretty and I like it !

I wonder what his turnover is, sadly I think the ugly Self-Portrait has a bigger turnover than his business
They're majoritily owned by Kering, so I imagine that they make at least 100-200mn a year. That said, the hasn't really grown in recent years. I wouldn't be suprised if Courreges surpasses them in the next 3-5 years

I'm surprised there hasn't been a collection called 'Giamba-samba' released with Adidas, lol, sorry for the bad joke

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->