Gianfranco Ferré S/S 2006 : Julia Roberts by Mario Testino

KhaoticKharma

Amour Comme Hiver
Reaction score
Where have all the model gone... :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Now this really shocked me. She has never even been to a show!! I don't understand the allure of Julia Roberts. She does not represent high fashion at all. Ralph Lauren, yes. But this? NO!!:angry:

Considering it's the longest time since I've heard Gianfranco Ferre, I think it's a pretty good idea.
I heard their first choice was Katie Holmes, :sick:.

Their s/s 2006 show was pretty good...but Julia? I don't know...

this was reported on fwd about 2 weeks ago...she's only going to be doing the ads oversees, not in the u.s.:

Paris - In a major coup for Gianfranco Ferre, the Italian fashion house has confirmed signing Julia Roberts for its next campaign.

Matter of fact, Roberts is busy shooting the campaign right now in Los Angeles, with Mario Testino on the other side of the camera.

The deal covers the European Union, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Japan, the Far East and Oceania, but does not include the US.
The campaign marks a major departure for Ferre, who has traditionally used models in his ads.

"I think the time for muses has come and gone. My source of inspiration is modern-day reality, women who live in today's world. Yet there are some who better than others match my own purely personal ideal of femininity. In the now so multifaceted realm of glamour and allure, both as a woman and as a personality Julia Roberts in my eyes reflects a total affinity with this ideal of mine," Ferre explained.

The American star's Ferre ads are for the Spring-Summer 2006 season and will roll out in magazines internationally starting February.

Roberts has never attended a Ferre show, but she personally once did buy a pinstripe suit by the Italian designer in his Beverly Hills boutique.
"What enchants me most are her presence and manner, her way of being energetic and calm at the same time and her naturally aristocratic self-possession," the designer added. "I love her smile: open, direct, inviting and at the same time captivatingly shy. And I adore her vitality, her natural ease, and her free spirit. Everything about her makes her the authentic Ferre woman."

Anyone seen the ad ?? I tried looking for it, but didnt find anything.

<<Per the terms of the deal, the fashion powerhouse will splash the 38-year-old Roberts across magazine ads around the globe (with the sole exception of the United States), beginning in February.>>

Right, it's only international... wonder why no U.S.?

I don't know, if that's what he's looking for, I think Julia Roberts fits the description well.

But, as mentioned previously, I just can't see her doing high fashion...

All from aboutjulia.com

Attachments

• roberts3.jpg
    roberts3.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 15
  • roberts4.jpg
    roberts4.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 16
They could have done so much better with her... too boring..

It's not even boring, it's just plain unattractive. I do think she's quite photogenic but some how these ad's just turned out....quite badly in my opinion.

^ I agree, Meg. Yuck. Disappointment.

I've never gotten the buzz about her-she's as annoying as Tom Cruise. Don't like the ads at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessRW
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->