Gianfranco Ferré S/S 2009 Milan

I like this! It's the first Ferre collection I'd actually paid attention to!

The architecture in the clothes is phenomenal! Yes, its very Chanel HC 08/09 but I also see some YSL inspiration mixed with some Bjork!!

Liked this a lot even if it wasn't very 'original'.

i do like this show
but it isnt very wearable
going towards the route of editorial
work..last season was very wearable

Something is lacking in this collection. There isn't any massive impact created

What a lovely collection. It's well-constructed, bold and architectural like what Ferre used to do, but still extremely feminine and elegant. Very promising start. They are bringing another (very welcomed) level of design to Milan.

The customer who finds Calvin Kleijn too difficult to wear/carry off would do very nicely in these dramatic pieces. The details are well-integrated into the design and construction. I love how subtle the colors and details come across yet the ensemble catches the eye without being loud like a lot of LFW collections.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the shapes on the dresses! The back of Suvi's is amazing.

It's look define this time. I really like it.

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful collection despite the many Chanel H/C references.

Both Gianfranco Ferre and Armani bucked the diversity trend again. The only black model I saw was Chanel Iman. All this lip service is just too much to take cuz it's going on for too long, the same line up of stone faced/quirky european girls is boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
The boys from 6267 have done a rather fantastic job for a first foray into Ferré's archives.
Many of those details and shapes were prevalent in Mr. Ferrè's collection at the beginning of the early 80's when Milan was setting itself up as a fashion city and the architectual/interior school of MEMPHIS set it's avantgarde agenda. This geometry was also visible in others particularly Gianni Versace, Krizia and ARMANI.
I believe Calvin Klein, Chanel, Vuitton and others have recently been influenced by this same architectual approach. Even Karl Lagerfeld was a disciple of this work for houses like Fendi and Chloé (even today), so this makes perfect sense as a springboard...

I hate to be overly negative given that the team was clearly trying to follow in Gianfranco's footsteps, but this looks more like something that was inspired by him rather than designed for his house....if that makes any sense.

The shapes aren't handled with that drama or precision that Ferre is so known for. It's very hesitant, and Ferre is definitely not a name you'd associate with being unsure of something.

i love your posts... so straight to the point. i agree with the hesitant part, i think it has to be the fact that they have a lot of things to consider when designing this collection, did they threw in the two structured white shirts just because ferre is famous for it?

WOW WOW WOW....Very Luis Vuitton....many Giambattista Valli...maybe Balenciaga?...-YES!....BUT, BUT, BUT....Improbably beautiful

as a individual collection, this is a inspired, beautiful and cohesive one,but as the debut from successor of Mr.Ferre,I can't regard it is success.

I can hardly find it has too much relationship with the house's signature style(the white blouse?).It's not only the architecture feeling can stand for it.
Obvious, the duo team get too much influences from other designers.

I like the shapes but it's very Louis Vuitton FW 08/09, Chanel HC and Roland Mouret...

I didn't know Gianfranco Ferre had 2 new designers! :unsure:

Who was designing before? And why the change?

^ Lars Nilsson, formerly of Bill Blass and Nina Ricci, was appointed as design director after the S/S 08 collection which was finished by Ferre's team. Nilsson's first collection was supposed to have been f/w 08. He got axed due to some sort of disagreement with management or something in a very short amount of time, the only collection he actually showed was the f/w 08 menswear collection.

Then the design team took over to finish the f/w 08 womenswear. Now the guys of 6267 are design directors.

I could see the obvious influences but some of the pieces are architecturally outstanding...so I can't really fault them for staying true to Ferre's reputation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->