Gianfranco Ferre Mens S/S 10 Milan

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by haksare, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Volume_3

Volume_3 New Member

Wow, such a stunning collection, i love the coats and the jackets and the scarfs especially, and I also love the styling, with the shorts! AAAH amazing!!

2. SGaspar

SGaspar New Member

OMG those guys are amazing!!!! I adore GF. This was a wonderful collection. All the garments and the styling and everything omg.

3. DD.-

DD.- Active Member

4. JordanB

JordanB New Member

So far this is probably my favorite collection. I LOVE the last to looks... I would love to own one of those jackets in my wardrobe :D.

5. b9409

b9409 New Member

One of the best mens collections I have ever seen. Every look is perfect.

Thanks GFF!!!!!

6. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

I'm gonna be a killjoy and say that, even though there are some good looks, the whole thing skews way to young imo. Whoever mentioned seeing echoes of Dior Homme wasn't far off.

I don't know if it's the styling, the clothes themselves or what, but thinking of this in comparison to their winter collection, it's like two completely different guys, and needless to say I liked the first one better.

7. cesarcmma

cesarcmma New Member

^^I disagree, I mean for me it looks like the summer version of their fall collection, all with the most amazing jackets included, which were one of they're strongest points for fall, also they keep using this b/w combinations which I love :heart:

This is great :woot: another strong collection...imo
    the colors, the jackets, the cuts all is excellent.

I just hope the company to be able to solve its financial problems so they can keep giving us such great work.

EDIT...also there's nothing wrong with it been for a younger GF men, there are plenty of other brands for the other costumers to look at...and It's good to have some new menswear stars ...:cool:...

#27 cesarcmma, Jun 21, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Jun 21, 2009
  8. b9409

b9409 New Member

I agree completely!! Well said.

9. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

I dunno. I think there's already an overabundance of menswear designers obsessing over clothes and looks that only look good on boyish men. Last season there was a real confidence to the statements they made with the menswear, there was a boldness and a maturity that's pretty much missing here. This is essentially just another take on a look that has dominated menswear for years and has yet to excite me personally.

I don't hate it, and there are looks that I like, but I think their first attempt at menswear was a lot better in that it looked distinctly Ferre but also very new.

10. cesarcmma

cesarcmma New Member

^^ That might be our problem Spike I didn't find the FW collection focused on a more mature men at all...I found it made towards a young men eager for a refined look. ^_^...or maybe you mean maturity in a creative way┬┐?... yes FW was bolder I agree with you on that.

11. b9409

b9409 New Member

^ SS tends to look younger than FW anyways by nature. They are combining new elements to the formula that they are tying to set over at GFF. I do not see those two seasons as two completely different men. It is different sides to the same gentleman I think.

The materials and fabrics used here look very modern, but not really at the same time. It is still the same crap we eat in terms of how modern is supposed to look since the late 60s: the metallic and silver, combined with stark black and titanium white, and minimalistic cuts... same old same old. However, the attitude of this show is what's modern to me. There is a confidence here: also a heavy dose of glam combined with the heroin-chic boys of pale skins and dark circles under the eyes. Yes, Prada does this almost every season in one way or the other, and Slimane perhaps perfected it long before this season, but these clothes look effortlessly chic and still, with a certain ease that mens fashion requires to be legitimate -to me at least.

And if that feeling is 'young', then GFF did a fantastic job. At least Ferre's youth is not as depressing and sad as Burberry's season after season reheated and tired so-called 'youthful' Brit looks.

12. Casualuxury

Casualuxury New Member

I think this collection called a bit too much on previous collections of other designers. Everything looks a little dated, there is nothing FRESH about this collection.

I would have to say that designing menswear must be hard because there is that double standard of being creative while still staying within the lines of the menswear "staples". I give them kudos for having the fortitude to put themselves out there to be judged by the fashion world on such a highly critical subject. However I think before a design house shows a menswear collection, or any collection for that matter, they really should have more of a direct message. There is a difference sometimes when we see a collection on the runway and it looks appealing, and when we see a garment alone in a store and it looks appealing. I think that these garments, alone, in a store would look appealing. It's just not something I would want to sit through watching.

13. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

i don't understand the excitement over this presentation. this looks exactly like the standard calvin klein and/or costume national show.

in a seaon crying out for color and optimism, they give us black, white, and olive?! in a season focusing on new shapes, they give us regurgitated suiting. the only thing of interest remains the shoulder-paded blazers which everyone seemed to hate on the women at balmain....:innocent:

i love this design team, but there are clear double standards here. gianfranco ferre was the architect of italian fashion not its minimalist. where is this gianfranco?

[​IMG]

style.com

#33 mikeijames, Jun 21, 2009
    Last edited by moderator versaceschoolboi: Jun 22, 2009
  14. kiddokiddo

kiddokiddo New Member

I completely second your opinion, Spike
    At first I wasn't sure what to make of it cause I couldn't quite put a finger on it
    I'm not buying this effort

15. Squizree

Squizree Looking Up

Wow.............This is beautiful. There is very little in there that Im not totally obsessed with. That green jumpsuit is one of them and I HATE the formal jacket/skater shoes combination.
    99% of the collection is perfect. Im especially drooling over the plastic-y jackets and the coats. I love the coats. :wub:

16. b9409

b9409 New Member

^coats... god as if we are indeed talking about a FW show... so weird!

17. ad041715

ad041715 New Member

The clothes are GORGEOUS!
    I love everything!!!
    :heart:

18. CrisGalaxy

CrisGalaxy Active Member

I really like the colors they used :smile:

19. Andymoon

Andymoon New Member

I love love love it!

20. albertli1984