Gianfranco Ferre Mens S/S 10 Milan

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by haksare, Jun 21, 2009.

1. from: sophia

I really like it but then again I feel like I have seen it before but I wish all mens clothes looked like this I really dont know what to think

2. Volume_3

Volume_3 New Member

Does anyone know the name of the model in the second outfit? He also wears the bold pin striped jacket/shorts with the white sneakers. Thanks!

3. albertli1984

albertli1984 New Member

1 of my top 5

4. lordevan

lordevan New Member

some of the shoulders are too padded imo.

5. Bidwell

Bidwell New Member

Breathing any life into a DEAD DINOSAUR like Ferré is a feat in itself. Who was buying it anyhow? Your old uncle that's who. I don't care about big shouldered-double breasted-gold buttoned blazers and fuchsia pants, thank you very much...It would be nice to let some things die. The holding company should invest the money into a new line with the new designers!!

I would NEVER buy Ferré no matter how good, but I take my hat off to the boys for their effort.

6. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

actually, i can visualize the ferre customer quite clearly. and while many would denigrate the type of european playboy that i know bought the stuff, that market remains and it's underserved at the moment. just like in womenswear, there are men who get to a certain age and have a certain amount of money who want to wear their shirts unbuttoned a little too far and pants a little too tight and they shopped ferre.

now, given the absence of a real dior homme replacement, it's admirable that these two try to take the house in that direction, but i don't think it's true to the spirit of the house.

7. Bidwell

Bidwell New Member

Mikeijames
    Indeed. Point made.
    I feel perhaps that sort of line doesn't really require a runway presentation like the hordes of other "mature" lines like Hilton or Brioni which are beautiful products in themselves...