Gibo A/ W 2004

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
what? Julie Verhoeven is getting off the 80s train? thats what i call a surprise :lol:

now seriously, this is probably Julie's best collection to date for the Gibo label, influenced -according to her presskit- by fave Austrian artists of the art nouveau Gustav Klimt & Egon Schiele. The strength is in the prints and those lovely Edwardian style spats which (in mini version) were also hot at the Clements Ribeiro show.

some faves :flower:

I like this... I seem to be liking more of these shows instead of the NY ones! :D

there are a few pieces there that I really like :heart:

thanks for the pictures :flower:

Lena you definetly pict the best from this show,

i lik the "face" print alot :heart:

Personaly i really disliked alot of teh colour combinations and I prefer a bit more 80's vibe.

still very ncie, I think she pined down the eesence of her style but kept it low key :heart:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Feb 18th, 2004 - 2:32 am
Lena you definetly pict the best from this show
:blush: :kiss:

ps. now i know why your posts are full of unreadable words,
you type (& review collections ) far too fast space :P :flower:

Originally posted by Lena+Feb 17th, 2004 - 4:36 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Feb 17th, 2004 - 4:36 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spacemiu@Feb 18th, 2004 - 2:32 am
Lena you definetly pict the best from this show
:blush: :kiss:

ps. now i know why your posts are full of unreadable words,
you type (& review collections ) far too fast space :P :flower: [/b][/quote]
:blush: sorry about that, Iam a little to fast

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Feb 18th, 2004 - 2:38 am
:blush: sorry about that, Iam a little to fast
'little' is being modest space :kiss:

It reminds me of Parisian bohemians from the 60's combined with an element of Mad Max :unsure:

really really cute :blush: I love thr black dress on the very right of the first post :flower:

Gibo review by wwd :flower:

Gibo: At last Julie Verhoeven has left behind the eye-searing colors and often heavy-handed motifs of seasons past and turned out a whimsical — and more sophisticated — collection. There were fluttery silk dresses covered in violins and girlie face prints drawn in Verhoeven’s own deft hand, as well as draped and cutout jersey dresses, some suspended from butterfly-winged harnesses. Neat riding jackets and gold velvet coats gave the girlie collection a tailored edge.

Meanwhile, in other news, Gibo’s eponymous parent company will be opening a :shock: 32,400-square-foot showroom in Milan on via Ortles, starting with the spring 2005 season. The showroom will house the lines manufactured by Gibo and also serve as a venue for runway shows.

I like it, or at least I do the the collection in general. Can't see much of a Klimt influence however :blink:
Perhaps I just need to look harder yah

Originally posted by Lena@Feb 18th, 2004 - 8:43 am
i find turn of the century influences :ninja:
Where? What? You mean the spats? Or is it "spat shoes"? Other than that, I don't see anything obvious, except for the last kimonoesque coat which kind of gives a feeling of Poiret, and maybe the yoke/gathering of the 3rd blouse from the left on the last set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luxnova
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"