Gift for fashion student - suggestions

gracie

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I tried searching for ideas but came up blank.

It's one of my good friends 21st birthday (which in australia and new zealand is celebrated as a real milestone birthday) and i am having trouble finding a gift for her.

I wanted to get something special, she is a talented fashion student and has a real appreciation for design. I have been looking around for vintage scissors and tape measures and stuff but haven't found anything amazing yet.

any ideas?

What is your budget and what part of fashion does she focus on?

Do you know her favourite designer?

an embroidering machine. :heart:

what about some vintage or new designer sketches. i would love to own a couple of galliano sketches.

hey thanks for the ideas guys, after having a chat to her mum i think i am going to get her some books and try and find some scissors with a nice case.

Another idea is raiding Ebay for knitting bags. If she's a fashion student, she prob has a load of bits and bobs for pattern cutting and sewing. People are clearing out their attics and doing packs of knitting bags with old sissors and tape measures and pins for practically nothing. I got a bag filled with goodies for £3. A knitting bag is a good size to carry all your sewing and design work to college in and some of them come in some really funky designs!

im sure what ever you gt her though she'll be pleased as its from a friend and its the thort that counts isnt it ??

thanks for all the suggestions!

and tiamaria you're right it is the thought that counts, and i think this is the thought process you know. i just wanted it to be something relevant to her instead just another cd or something (which incidentally would be perfect for a few other people I know cause they love music).

so armed with all your ideas guys I'm gonna go out this weekend and see if I can find something.

I'm a fashion student and I absolutely adore vintage/retro fabrics which I mostly get from Ebay.. so thats another idea if you want.

My roomates' bday was a week ago, and I got him the Vivienne Westwood book at Bloomingdales, $100 bucks well worth... amazing book, he loved it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->