Giles Deacon A/ W 2004 London FW

Originally posted by kit@Feb 15th, 2004 - 3:31 pm

No pics at the moment , unfortunately . :unsure:

KIT :innocent:
:cry: I was hoping for pics, but thankyou for posting the link! :flower:

Originally posted by tiffany+Feb 15th, 2004 - 11:25 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tiffany @ Feb 15th, 2004 - 11:25 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-kit@Feb 15th, 2004 - 3:31 pm

No pics at the moment , unfortunately . :unsure:

KIT :innocent:
:cry: I was hoping for pics, but thankyou for posting the link! :flower: [/b][/quote]
If anyone can find pics and post them , I'd be grateful :flower:

The off-schedule show is tonight , Monday , 16th. February .

KIT

he's been making waves at LFW, check him out..
photos & review, vogue uk

GILES DEACON
"IF the Wonderbra Girl and the face of LV don't get people to sit up, I don't know what will," said Giles Deacon before his show last night. But even without the promised run of supermodels (as well as Eva Herzigova and Karen Elson, Nadja Auermann, Anouk Lepere and Erin O'Connor also showed up), the clothes themselves more than justitfied the packed-to-the-rafters crowd in the Royal Hospital Chelsea last night. With an emphasis on strict, Forties curves, tweed pencil skirts came under fitted jackets with slight puff sleeves, silk blouses featured large pussycat bows at the collar and pleated chiffon tops were attached to sexy girdles high on the thigh. Softly curled hair, that was parted and held up by a large clip on one side, gave a nod to the starlets of Hollywood's golden days to complete a look that Deacon describes as "grown-up but also playful and sexy in a more chic than brash way". Working from a converted school in Shoreditch these days, the 34-year-old Yorkshire-born designer, who has worked for Debenhams, Gucci and Bottega Veneta since graduating from Central Saint Martins over a decade ago, says London is the place to establish his name. "There is an awful lot of freedom here," he says. "British youth are leading the fashion scene, not following, which makes it the best place to start what I hope will turn into a new label." But despite the hype surrounding his debut show, the calibre of catwalker that appeared in it, and the £80,000 in sponsorship from Vauxhall that he received in sponsorship, Deacon is determined not to get carried away. "It's great that people think good things," he says. "But I take it with a pinch of salt. I know how people can get carried away with writing things and bigging things up. The next thing you know they take much more glee in laughing at you when you are down." (February 17 2004, AM)

i double posted but now its merged more photos :flower:

gil008.jpg

gil009.jpg

gil001.jpg

love the treatment of the fabric here (skirt)

gil032.jpg

the finale came a bit erhhh well :rolleyes:

gil033.jpg

gil035.jpg

I really liek hsi construction and coloures, the lapels are quite cool. I agree finale was a bit ehh.

021804_44.jpg

the wwd article on rising UK star Giles Deacon :flower:

Giles Deacon, the man responsible for launching Bottega Veneta’s hard-edged ready-to-wear in the pre-Gucci Group days, is back on the fashion front. Deacon is a hometown boy and returned to the runway with his :shock: 80-piece Giles collection, which showed Monday evening in the Great Hall — now the dining room — of the Royal Hospital in Chelsea. Citing Bill Blass and Ziggy Stardust as inspiration, he started with strong tailoring. A silvery gray tweed dress and trumpet skirt were jazzed up with silver leather piping and kick pleats, the latter topped by a satin bow blouse in deep amethyst. Soft gray cashmere was cut into sharp peplum jackets with exaggerated lapels, and paired with either softly pleated silk skirts or wide-legged trousers — just the kind of thing a lady would love to lunch in. A black Art Deco-inspired dress with kimono sleeves and heavy gold trim and a cashmere trompe l’oeil dress were equally stunning.

It’s when Deacon turned to evening, though, that things got trickier. Pretty abstract flora and fauna prints were made up into blousy high-necked dresses, which were too sack-like to sizzle, and one ultra-Gothic cape had menacing crystal spikes adorning its shoulders. “This collection is not about a stick-thin, 17-year-old girl,” said Deacon last Saturday night during an interview in his studio in the East End. “I can really imagine women wearing it.” And so can we, especially if Deacon starts exercising some restraint, and learns to emphasize his softer side.

Not supremely brilliant but he did pick up things you'd pick up to make a refereshingly (amateur-ish) inventive show. Though collection also had a handful of really cool clothes. Not always my style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->