Giorgio Armani F/W 2018.19 : Luping Wang by Sarah Moon

9sete

Reaction score
Photographer: Sarah Moon
Models: Luping Wang & ???

armani.com

I hope they NEVER get rid of Sarah Moon! She's doing this brand so much justice, I'm even intrigued to see what the collection looks like. Luping's portrait is astounding. The forehead, haircut (and movement of hair), and that accessories.

I don't know how to explain it but I find this to be very much of everything. Faded, blurry, dark, greyish, all of that at the same time. It needs more contrast, like for example grey clothes, over a grey background, blurry, underexposed with shadows on top of everything, it's just too much. I would love to see blurry pictures but it would look better as long as that blur is the main focus of the image treatment. Otherwise, is a conglomerate of many effects and it looks messy. It's like when a chef keeps adding seasoning to a soup to be more creative and give it more flavors but ruins it and the soup ends up being disgusting.

In a era where everything is just so 'to the point', where campaigns end up more spoon-feeding than lookbooks, and bags are constantly shoved in our faces (looking at you, Louis Vuitton), I find it positively refreshing that we are seeing a campaign where effect, artistry reign supreme over the clothes. I know it sounds ridiculous for a campaign, but Armani's aesthetic is just so established that you actually don't need literal campaign depictions.

I'm looking at Luping's shot and I wonder whether the jacket is made of crepe material, or is it 3D knitted. Isn't this type of mystery needed in fashion anymore?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how they are not going to ride on the boring hard-sell photography and decide to make the clothes justice with photography. The cast and the images really want me to discover the collection more.

Very nice... gives off summery vibes

Seriously. This is gooood. Sarah Moon is amazing.

Previews
6 pages ad and back cover from VI august 2018

pressreader.com

Sarah can't do wrong. Love this. So ethereal and artistic. Remember when campaigns were made to have stay in your mind for months to come?

Luping, and only Luping please! What an awkward video. Certainly doesn't live up to the print campaign at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->