Giorgio Armani Privé S/S 09 Paris

I can't help myself, but I HATE the purple/yellow combination in those clothes :/

occidentalized orientalism, intriguing but not flattering to everyone

Shapes are awful to me...I like maybe one or two dresses near the end and that's it. Combinations of bright colors and those headpieces and wings aren't very appealing either.

i love it....they look like japanese video game chatracters it sucks though that there are no asian models in the lineup....it would have been perfect

I don't like the whole collection... but some pieses are very pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously love this collection. :shock:

I love the bold colours, i love the strong silhouette's and the hair and make-up, he did something different without going to faar away from his own aesthetic, and it paied off.

this makes me think of asian mermaids! and i actaly do like it. some of those dresses are simply amazing, and the hard lace accent on the shulders of others are really nice.

I'm still not sure whether I like this or not. Yeah, it's different from his last few collections but I'm still on the fence whether it's a good or bad different. There were some major downfalls to the collection (what hideous color combinations he brought out on the runway) but I think he did wonderful work with the pagoda tailoring.

omg I hate this. The Asian theme as interpreted here is so...tacky, passé.

ponytrot I agree with you about appealing/ (in my opinion) throwing themselves at Asian customers. Just that I'm not sure who or why would want to, some of the dresses are kind of caricature-like.

I'm aghast at this collection too!!! It looks so cheap... so tacky... so Armani xD. It's hideous. All of it! China at its worst. What about Tanya's red dress? That looks like Star-Trek inspired or something like that. And I hate how he used the pagoda details. The only think I thought was interesting was the side train or whatever it is in a red dress and maybe the last three dresses, but however that detail is not something innovative nor creative or anything. But the whole thing is repulsive! Why is he even an Haute Couture member anyway? I cannot wait for his retiring :innocent:

Changing topics, I love Niles haha. Thanks for all the pics you've posted in this and other topics!!!! You rock my world! haha.

reminds me of YSL Opium collection he did in the 70's & also Tom Ford last show for YSL... love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"