Giorgio Armani Spring Summer 05

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
capt.mil15109281654.italy_fashion_mil151.jpg

capt.mil14909281656.italy_fashion_mil149.jpg

capt.mil14709281634.italy_fashion_mil147.jpg

capt.mil14509281633.italy_fashion_mil145.jpg

am over the whole asian influence thing although i think it's nice to see asian influence that goes beyond fabrics and into the actual shapes of clothes (ie the toggle coats) that one dress is simply GORGEOUS and I like the large brimmed rice hats or whatever they are called. Still am not sure how I feel about this collection but some of the cuts are quite nice.

i can say this for mr. armani, he doesn't do anything half way...it's like he designed a collection specifically for his new store in shanghai...

I'm torn.......that blue dress is kinda pretty, but I'm not lovin the rest. I'll need to see more.

Entertainment - Reuters
Reuters
Armani Resuscitates Dying Haute Couture

52 minutes ago

Add to My Yahoo! Entertainment - Reuters

By Jane Barrett

MILAN (Reuters) - Haute couture is dead. Long live haute couture!

Just as other houses cut back on their hugely expensive high fashion shows, Giorgio Armani is sashaying onto the scene.

Long evening gowns studded with thousands of crystals, hand printed silk shifts flouncing out over bustles and satin jackets embroidered with colored jewels -- Armani went all out to prove he is king of the red carpet on Tuesday.

Armani, who put Milan on the fashion map with his relaxed, smart style, said he was now ready to take on the haute couture kings of Paris.

"Personally I'd really enjoy showing in Paris with the haute couture crowd. But first I want to work at this and see if we sell," Armani told reporters before his spring/summer 2005 show.

The 70-year-old designer said there was still a market for five-figure dresses, defying the likes of Versace and Emanuel Ungaro who have stopped showing haute couture to focus on pret-a-porter.

"A woman with spending power wants to be protected from the run-of-the-mill luxury market. The last thing she wants is to see her secretary touting the same bag," Armani said.

But Armani, who has grown his brand from a two-man show to a billion-euro business, was more rigorously commercial and showed dresses that could walk straight on to the red carpet rather than the over-theatrical costumes paraded in Paris.

Each hand-made piece will take two months to create and cost upwards of 10,000 euros.

Armani also showed a pastel-colored set of neat satin jackets, flowing skirts and wide-cuffed trousers that could head straight to the shop rail.

Drawing on the very different inspirations of modern-day China and the surrealist designer Elsa Schiapparelli, Armani added a straw hat to most outfits, shaped either like 1930s turbans or like rice pickers' triangular caps.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Sep 28 2004, 10:09 PM
i can say this for mr. armani, he doesn't do anything half way...it's like he designed a collection specifically for his new store in shanghai...
[snapback]378532[/snapback]​

I think this definetly has influences on the collection.
But I have to say that this collection is very nice, I am loving that blue dress :blush:

Originally posted by mikeijames@Sep 28 2004, 03:09 PM

Yeah, I like that he goes all out.

i can see TONS of asian traits and styles plugged into this. interesting how he combined western clothing and asian clothing/culture together.

Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh@Sep 28 2004, 10:34 PM
Poor Giorgio...he's trying too hard!
[snapback]378913[/snapback]​

Couldn't have put it better. That is exactly what he's doing. He needs to be put out of his misery actually . Some of those clothes are genuinely horribble, not just his usual dull.

I like the fact that he’s going in the opposite direction of Versace and Ungaro by focusing more on the details and craftsmanship.

The result however is not amazing, even though there are a few interesting pieces.

i thought that since he just opened a store in Shanghai that this would be his inspiration (I guess). I thought the jackets were so, so pretty. I also loved the pants below. This blue dress was my absolute fave!

giorgioarmaniss05_3.jpg
giorgioarmaniss05_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->