Giorgio Armani

ebowleg

Reaction score
His collection looks a little more eccentric than usual, but it's amazing. (I'll try to post a pic, if my laptop lets me!)

she looks like fantasy queen, (hold my dress tight pls) :-)

what's with all the purple!?

I didn't like the collection at all :doh: :unsure:

but I thought this dress was sort of pretty

I really like it!! Especially the second dress. The designs are very modern, flamboyant and interesting. The purple fur is great.

From fashionwiredaily.com :heart:
Milan Review: Giorgio Armani
Change is good

Tuesday, February 24, 2004
Mr. Armani’s collection was as dramatic a departure from his classic look as we’ve seen in some time. Armani is a designer who sticks to his guns, never swaying with trends that distract other catwalks. This season, he referenced no one but himself. But the long, formfitting skirts and frock coats that flounced like Mary Poppins had a freshness that was a welcome reprieve from Armani’s steely restraint. With the exception of some strange, cropped pants, the silhouette was elongated and graceful on coats with petal fronts, and skirts that were paired with low, pointed boots. Armani can never resist topping off his models’ heads. Usually it’s a minimalist skullcap, but this season he covered them with a pouf of black ostrich feathers that bounced lightly and beautifully captured the flirty spirit of the collection.

BUZZWORDS: Eccentric, petticoats, “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!”

SEEN:
Mr. Armani’s usual heavy weight front row was lighter this season, but we still got a few stars. Sophia Loren—in a black and white checkerboard jacket—gave the designer (her close friend) a giant bear hug after his show, shouting “bellissima!” to the paparazzi who still can’t get enough of her—even with her enormous eyeglasses. She was joined in the front row by actress Greta Scacchi and Lady Helen Taylor.

HEARD:
Hilary Alexander, the Sunday Telegraph’s fashion editor, jumped backstage and yelled to Giorgio Armani: “Have you been taking magic mushrooms?” This of course, got translated into Italian for the designer (who doesn’t speak English), as roughly “funghi allucinogeni.” The silver haired designer laughed and said “Yeah, all the time.” :rofl:

Hamish Bowles, Vogue’s European Editor:
“I think this collection was a radical departure for Armani. His aesthetic has been so restrained and understated. It was great to see him more playful. It captures the zeitgeist of bohemian dressing, a more personal way of dressing.”
J.J. MARTIN

Ditto, its nice to see a radical departure. :flower:

:arrow: More photos:

so-i looked at the entire collectiom on vogue.uk.com

100 looks!-talk about overkill- :ninja:

it just seemed like it was all over the place-i saw things that I thought should be on yohji's runway and then i saw what looked like old gucci...? :blink: then -of course, there was the really boring stuff that looked like classic armani... :innocent:

i thought the coats were the strongest pieces and i like that black knit cap. :flower:

I still don't understand why Armani is changing his style. I can't get the "message" from the show :-) It's just unlogical.

It looked like uptown power-women doing underground with the wrong clothes. These stuffs have no soul :-) imo, at all.

old adv i found on bwgreyscale....i have no idea where to post it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"