Gisele Bundchen

^ Sure :flower:

g14oy.jpg

g23ex.jpg

g34qa.jpg

Why Is Gisele The Best And The Biggest Supermodel?

I want to know why Gisele is the best and biggest Supermodel of all time? What makes her so special? A lot of you here (including me) criticized her for her Big nose, and Manly features, yet she is soo successful. She's not the best spokesmodel either. She speaks like a cheap starlet.
I know Daria is being hype as the next big thing, but in reality she's nothing compared to G. What makes G soo special?[attachmentid=34072]

Attachments

• gisele_bundchen.jpg
    gisele_bundchen.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 409
Gisele was just in the right place at the right time for mainstream breakthrough. She came along at a time when models were increasingly bland and without personality. This continues even today. Gemma Ward may be pretty to fashion people but a typical person on the street would probably call her ugly and boring. Ditto for Hana, Daria, Eugenia, and all the current top girls. Gisele has a vibrant personality and a vibrant chest (perfect for capturing the attention of the Maxim and FHM contingent) which makes her the perfect candidate for supermodeldom.

Hi all, I saw some pictures a long time ago of Gisele posing at home when she was JUST starting out - pics of her looking more "normal" than she does now but still very beautiful....long dark hair, dark(er) eyes (I dont know whther she wears contacts?)...anyway, just wondering if anyone knows where these pictures are or if you even know which ones I am talking about!?
thanks

I don´t think she´s the biggest supermodel... people like her because she´s gorgeous, but she isn´t special, just another brazilian model with big breasts.
In my point of view I think she´s the most famous, but she isn´t the best.
There are better models! Daria and Leticia are examples! and many more.
In some months another supermodel will appear and gisele will dissapear.

she is the biggest supermodel of 'our time' like right now. Darias, Karolinas and Nataliyas have come and gone but she still stands strong
I think her trick is in right timing latin renaissance, perfect structure (not necessarily very beautiful), sex appeal and good marketing throw in a clean and adorable reputation, Leonardo decaprio and some commercial appeal too.

Originally posted by Polina_sexy@Dec 8 2004, 04:26 PM
There are better models! Daria and Leticia are examples! and many more.
In some months another supermodel will appear and gisele will dissapear.
[snapback]456626[/snapback]​

Leticia is cross-eyed and a horrible model. Daria's great but icy and boring.

Gisele won't be disappearing for a long, long time. She's been going strong since 1998, and with spring 2005 campaigns for Valentino and Balenciaga, she's not going anywhere.

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Dec 8 2004, 01:55 PM
Gemma Ward may be pretty to fashion people but a typical person on the street would probably call her ugly and boring.
[snapback]456482[/snapback]​

:woot: I'm glad to be a typical person :lol:

Originally posted by Urban Stylin@Dec 8 2004, 03:45 PM
she is the biggest supermodel of 'our time' like right now. Darias, Karolinas and Nataliyas have come and gone but she still stands strong
I think her trick is in right timing latin renaissance, perfect structure (not necessarily very beautiful), sex appeal and good marketing throw in a clean and adorable reputation, Leonardo decaprio and some commercial appeal too.
[snapback]456659[/snapback]​

H.R. Giger fan?

Reasons?

Right place right time (i.e Brazilian trend) hyped up by Anna Wintour, 'big' boobs, eye catching walk, vibrant personality and unfortunately Leonardo Dicaprio.

I echo that Gisele is not the biggest supermodel of all time, she was after the supermodels so can't really be put into that catogory. I'm not a massive fan of Gisele and I don't think the average person would find her anymore attractive than other quite a few other models eg. Hana, Daria, Eugenia.

Originally posted by roppal2000@Dec 8 2004, 04:03 PM
Reasons?

Right place right time (i.e Brazilian trend) hyped up by Anna Wintour, 'big' boobs, eye catching walk, vibrant personality and unfortunately Leonardo Dicaprio.
[snapback]456708[/snapback]​

Second this, mostly.

I'm not a fan of Gisele, but as Jacquetta Wheeler said on a video on Fashion File - it's really about timing and a make-it photoshooot with a top photographer...and then everything snowballs. Gisele has sustained success because she's well-known due to dating Leonardo and getting that major commercial "push" from VS. If she hadn't done so much VS, I doubt she'd be as popular as she is today. Women might know her, but men wouldn't. There are a lot of models that men don't know (re: Natalia - most men wouldn't know her name) simply because they stick to things that are less commercial. Calvin Klein is her domain, but it's not nearly as "high profile" in terms of name-success as VS is.

Originally posted by Golden_butterfly@Dec 8 2004, 04:27 PM
^ Couldn't find those, but found some other old ones

**Please do not quote pictures**

[snapback]456771[/snapback]​

I've never really liked Gisele's face yet I'm a fan of Linda Vojtova who everyone says seem to resemble her, but in these 'older' pictures, Gisele looks fantastic, truly gorgeous :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->