Givenchy F/W 2018.19 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Mar 4, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

4. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

5. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

6. Nocturnal

Nocturnal New Member

I hate it. Why did they hire her? Givenchy under Riccardo was amazing. This is so dull and boring. Bags and shoes are ugly. Sorry but for me she is like Maria Grazia. Last dress looks like something Demna would send down the runway.

7. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

It's funny that I disliked her work at Chloe so much, and absolutely love her work for Givenchy. The gowns are spectacular in this collection. This is made for a strong-minded, sexy, tailored women; this will be raved about -- which I hope signals death for the oversized trend.

*And the fur is faux, so that keeps that debate from ruining this thread.

8. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

ok i am fully on board with her givenchy now. this is lovely. i feel like even more will grow on me by the time it goes into the store

she's amazing with silhouettes.

9. perhydrol

perhydrol Member

It was fantastic, as a whole it had that great, cinematic feel going on. There was just the right amount of the archives and there was something special about the motion of the clothes. The faux fur looled great and luxurious, too. In my opinion it is the best collection of this lackluster season- it's a wearable, charming proposition with distinctive attitude.

After the show I felt like those rumours that her debut was in part designed by the design team without her supervision were true.

10. Nymphaea

Nymphaea Well-Known Member

A lot of outfits would have been great for Hermes, especially the first part.

11. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

I love it. I am probably bias because I was her champion to take a job at Givenchy but I really like where it is going. It is very different from Tisci's Givenchy but I can feel like this is very close to the house codes. I always enjoy more of her tailored pieces at Chloe and I think with the Givenchy atelier behind her she take a great advantage of that.

What I love the most about her clothes is the attitude of her women. They are not followers but they are strong-minded. I could see some Celine clients moving to get some pieces from Givenchy.

12. mistress_f

mistress_f Hell on Heels

I really really like this. I think she's slowly getting in the right direction. I don't like the fur coats (i know it's fake, i just don't like it aesthetically), but other than that, the outewear is great, the dresses are amazing (still on the fence about the closing ones, though), it's so refreshing to see a ''new'' designer not dragging yet another house in a thrift shop hot mess but sticking to elegance and good tailoring.
    I liked it when i saw the video, but the details of the fabrics / embroideries really sold it for me.

13. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

Honestly she seems better fit at Givenchy than at Chloe, beautiful collection! Definitely one of the best this season, no doubt on that.

14. FashionFanatico

FashionFanatico New Member

Don't get the praise for her work. it's quite bland & wannabe glam. Especially the menswear.

15. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Lush.

She managed to successful translate every single concept that Demna throws out there at Balenciaga with all the charm of a slaughtered carcass: Giant coats and overcoats, pleats and pleated pants, 80s loud prints, mock necks and exaggerated shoulder proportions. Her versions drip with thoughtful tailoring and a plush sensibility that can’t be mistaken for anything but luxurious.

And not a single, desperate gimmick and/or slogan in sight. She’s very good.

16. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

Rianne’s coat is amazing! And the menswear has seen a bigger improvement for sure?

17. john2elmejor

john2elmejor Active Member

Great collection!

18. anlabe32

anlabe32 Well-Known Member

Oh thank god.

Cause I really like this collection. So many amazing things to see. She's really proving to be an great designer. Happy for her.

19. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

Sorry but this looks so dated. Like straight from 2006. I'm trying to like her Givenchy but the design level is so basic. It's not not ugly, but it's just bland. Zero appeal and desire.

20. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Active Member

I was very emotional at the end of the show. Her tenure finally hits me. The 3 last dresses are exquisite.

Its not the most groundbreaking or challenging thing that I ever saw, the menswear its very weak and at the day its a very decent collection, but with this show I finally get what she trying to do, its almost like I could fell all her love in doing clothes, so I like it lot.

I think that in time like ours where everything have to be fast and profitable at the same time we forget that we have time to the creative minds in this industry.