Givenchy Haute Couture F/W 2009.10 Paris

There is a strong Indian/Arab influence in this . That one model with gold over her face reminded me of an indian bride meets frankenstein , its a mix of orientalism and gothica.

I love it so much, stunning details :heart:
However, I feel as if he'd recreated some pieces from previous collections.

i get reminded of the statue of liberty when i see the white studded dress with the spikey headband.

givenchy is using chicken leg leather!! (i am not kidding)....i would know that leather anywhere....the coat/dress #2

i adore this collection, esp after seeing the hq pix......the only BAD idea in this collection are the open-toe boots with MULTIPLE THONGS that go in between each web of the toe......WTF WAS HE THINKING!!?!? the models feet look disgusting in it; some of them are too wide to fit all their toes thru the thongs so it's like squished to the side......gaggggg :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
i was completely transported somewhere else . . :heart:
could almost smell the arabic perfume & taste the yummy coffee.

the veiled white ensemble on karlie is just . . :heart: no words . !

I really like the East meets West vibe of this collection. The very West pantsuit and the incorporation of the hajib in the same collection is pretty ballsy and yet done so well. I love the use of reds and golds and that lean, cinched waist in the beginning of the collection.

I love the how he took Morocco and translated it into his Givenchy aesthetic. My only criticism is; the show was too short! Only 22 looks!

Givenchy: Medicis in Morocco

Godfrey Deeny
July 07th, 2009 @ 12:23 AM - Paris You cannot fault Riccardo Tisci for consistency. Eleven days after staging a North African inspired menswear show, the couturier revisited the region again in a stellar haute couture show in Paris Tuesday evening, July 7.

But where his men’s collection was Marrakech dude meets Parisian dandy, his couture crossroads was more Catherine de Medici visits the Atlas Mountains.

There was an air of modern day princess with most of the looks in this show of 22 outfits, each one given Berber or Moorish female names.

From a wonderful opening corset-coat worn with tight pants to the final warrior princess bride there was not one duff note in this fall 2009 collection, the latest affirmation of Tisci’s talent.

“Morocco, again. I know! but when I have an obsession it’s an obsession!” said Tisci backstage as a mob waited to compliment him. Staged in a covered market in south Paris, the show attracted a suitably chic front row including two fellow designers, Peter Dundas and Christian Lacroix, fresh from staging what might be his last collection now that his house has filed for bankruptcy protection.

Tisci even played around with the chador, or full-length cloak, though his were made of gold sequins and showed most of the face, except forehead, cheekbones and nose.

Parts of this show were armor-plated chic, with breastplates and multiple wristbands almost stacked up to the shoulder in gold, silver and flesh-colored plastics and metals.

The Italian couturier is also an exuberant tailor, with innovative peplum hems, huge tongues of fabric and outrageously flowing drop crotch pants. His Givenchy collections are rarely easy to wear, but for those with the figure, chutzpah and self-assurance too put them on, his clothes make wonderful fashion statements.

Made in various hues of anthracite, off white and faded rose, fitted out with medallions and military regalia, worn by a sublime casting and presented on a clever rectangular gray beam catwalk, this was a brilliant Princess Leila goes to Fez trip by a couturier very much playing his A Game.

i love the multitude in textures and also THAT IT'S NOT ALL BLACK! when i saw the first white/nude piece i was like "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh".

it's true, there are the same inspirations for his Men's collection and this Couture collection but the embroideries work SOOOOO much better here.

Bravo.

amazing ... tho i have to say not the best couture givenchy collection ... still love ricardo nevertheless :smile:.

............ My heart seriously skipped a beat
What a gorgeous collection!
OH MY LORD! I can't even say how much I love it!
Does anyone have anymore detail photos... I bet they're FANTASTIC if you do!

*dies*

What a disappointment....
It's so stagnant and too 'of the moment'...
I totally understand why he's still peddling this look; editors love it and it brings in $$$...
But he is so much better than this... he is one of the few working with the innate sense of what's next... his first HC collections for Givenchy were out of this world and incredibly forward...

It's definitely not bad, but it is hardly memorable or exciting in the least...
The harem pants are especially stale and derivative...

There are so many beautiful pieces, I could go crazy with this collection for an editorial.
But oh my, it's all so..stunning.

Every piece is beautiful, but none of the pieces go together. It's not cohesive in the least, in my opinion, but I am totally okay with that.

the more like i look at this collection the more i like it. i tend to love everything he puts out anyways. i especially love the white veil look, reminds me of a princess crossing the desert, such lovely image
sidenote, i think he lost weight since his last show...

This is couture!!
Could not be MORE agree with you^_^
That's what I called a bride... Chanel's was a dissaster:yuk:
This is the best HC show I've seen in this hole year!!!
:heart: X 10000 Givenchy show
Great colection Mr. Tisci!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"