Givenchy Haute Couture F/W 2009.10 Paris

This is pure elegance with a moroccan touch, I love it!
Can't wait to see the video!

I just HAD to go on hoiday during Paris Haute Couture week didnt I? :angry:

This is absolutely outstanding, so much beauty and so much emotion.

Wow, I loved almost everything. I felt there was a touch of Yves Saint Laurent in this collection but it was still good^_^

mariacarlagivenchy.jpg

garancedore.fr

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a scarf which looks exactly the same to what MCB's wearing !

The greatness of this collection is in it's success at drawing upon our darkest imaginations of an exotic culture and re-appropriating that into some of the most desirable clothes around. Get rid of the costume jewelry or the mesh undershirt studded with red jewels and you are still left with a chic black, hooded jumpsuit or an avant-garde structured shirt-dress.

Some people have brought up the fact that the Middle East is on it's way to losing it's vast wealth, just as designers are beginning to make obvious attempts at wooing those customers. Whether Tisci is courting a specific region for sales is up for debate, but in the meantime it's impressive that in a time in which technology and speed have spoiled much of the world's secrets, Tisci has managed to make an ethnically-inspired collection that is almost magical. Economic factors can't go ignored, but when the final product is this good, the customers will come from anywhere. The French scene alone will eat this up. And don't forget, this being couture, only one copy of each look will ever be sold anyway, so I don't see a handicap in Tisci's Middle-Eastern aesthetic.

Elijya ... could you tell the place exactly ?
I know I know it but cannot put a name on it ! And it's kind of disturbing me since yesterday evening ... I even asked my mum !:lol:

And did Carine really text him during the show ????
:blink:

I'm so happy for him that everybody loved it !

The exact address was: La Haulle aux Chevaux, Parc George Brassens - 104, rue Brancion

To make it short, Carine wrote that she was really proud and that she loved the modernity of the collection.

Mariacarla took the couture shoes with her at the end. She's so funny I love her!

great collection, although his other collections made me feel like i was witnessing a butterfly emerge from it's cocoon..

it's ok.. it's kind of boring to me. last seasons couture was way better, heck his rtw was more interesting. it seems like a work in progress to me.

I love those short videos. Can't wait for full show.
PS. Music is fabulous.

stunning collection. the indian themed pieces are gorgeous as well as the nude ones. hooray ricardo tisci!!!

Ticci with Lacroix, who attended his show (wonder what he thought of it). I didn't know the two were tight.

88890889.jpg

gettyimages

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eisabeth
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->