Givenchy Haute Couture F/W 2009.10 Paris

:buzz: Ricardo I wanna have your babies!
Very sultry, very powerful yet understated. Oh my :wub:
The white veiled number on Karlie, can I have?

bahahaha! loves it!

all of it is completely orgasmic, i am in love with everything :heart:

humm ... i cannot make an opinion right now but what i suspected into menswear is there again ...
us and arab elements .......
i smell something couture military i've never seen before ! it's beyond amazing !

it's insanely sickly beautiful for the moment !
and this gold and black arab look ... faint !
love !

coming .....................

The middle eastern conflict definitely comes to mind. Interesting how it speaks so loudly but the imagery is subtle.

givenchycouture.jpg

jakandjil.com/blog

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh,Ricardo never disappoints:wub:I'm thrilled....
The details are amazing,and I love the gowns,they are sooo pretty:crush:

^^Like, ever?

Oh this is a dream collection. Reminds me of the kind of inspiration Yves Saint Laurent had during his prime. So etheral and the kind of perfection which contains an element of the unexpected.

Weirdest motivational sign EVER :lol:

And man, I love this....I want there to be more more MORE!

the studded details are just amazing! i esp love the red ones

^^Like, ever?

Oh this is a dream collection. Reminds me of the kind of inspiration Yves Saint Laurent had during his prime. So etheral and the kind of perfection which contains an element of the unexpected.

you know, i thought the same thing!

like Yves Saint Laurent's bust dress with artist Claude Lalanne

katie-d-i-d.blogspot.com

I wonder what all the Tisci haters are going to say now.

same thing they always say. I don't think it's that Tisci has changed his way of designing, although it has gotten more refined. It's more that the times are catching up with his kind of over the top glitz and glamor. I'm at least coming around to it.

All in all, I like it. The embroideries-especially in red- and use of gold are so exquisite and gorgeous. The white jacket with gold detailing that Magdalena is wearing and Karlie's pearl and crystal encrusted cream jumper are both simply to die for. And the metallic neck and face-piece is beyond stunning- so exotic and glamorous. On the other hand, though, the white and pink floral gowns are not my favorite- I find them a bit tacky and incohesive with the rest of the collection. And they are definitely not-Fall.

The couture collections this season, so far, have been lovely, but a bit anti-climactic. I liked, for the most part, what I saw at Dior, but everything seemed a bit disheveled and mismatched, most likely intentionally. The hats, for me, stood out more than the clothes. And at Prive, Armani stuck to the usual formula, this time not striking as much as a high note as in his last couple of collections. There were too many repetitive skirt and pant-suits and not enough stunning eveningwear. I can't wait to see what Gaultier has to show us!

The revolution will not be televised. Everyone, we are witnessing a brand new kind of visionaire. I can't quite explain it now, nor would I ever want to explain it because I feel as if the art coming from Tisci were to be categorized it would take away so much of the wonder and excitement we all have felt through these images. However, this is what Haute Couture should be, so much detail, so much subtlety, I've had chills since I clicked on the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->