Givenchy Haute Couture S/S 09 Paris

am i the only one who sees and loves seeing a bit of tom ford's gucci in here? (sal, you dont count because i know u already agree :P)

love it love it love it!!
it tom, it's givenchy, it's tisci, it's sensual.
can we say sexy-90s?

:lol:
But yes! It has that 90s sexy minimalistic luxury thing I so love! Few do it very well. In fact few do it to begin with. It is amazing how he just gets it!

And let me say it: Tisci for Gucci soon.

I really love this! The bleached eyebrows remind me of shows I used to love.
Thank you, France Italy for the pictures in post #36!
I love the black dress in the same post-- it plays with romanticism and a gothic feel and it is absoultely enchanting. I didn't know Givenchy could be this good. :wub:

This looks pretty promising so far, I have to say though that I dont love all of the details and i dont think this is Tisci's strongest collection.

Some detailing looks a bit heavy to me, but maybe it will all make sense once I see the collection as a whole. This definitely calls to mind collections of Tom Ford for both Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent, which i adore.

i love his use of white. you don't have to do almost an entire collection in black to get a gothic vibe. finally he understands this!!

my favorite show of hc but then again i'm givenchy gal through and through!

Tisci is better. Season to season. :flower:
The pret-á-porter line is the 'rock couture' and the haute couture line is traditionally Givenchy.

I don't really see any obvious Tom Ford-isms, but some pieces do remind me a bit of his SS 03 collection for Saint Laurent...the bleached eyebrows, the swimsuit look with the cape, the nude/ pale purple gowns...but that's about it.

All in all, though, this feels very DNA Tisci, and it actually feels very Givenchy...more so than most of Tisci's previous collections.

GIVE_HC_SS09_0005.jpg

GIVE_HC_SS09_0018.jpg

GIVE_HC_SS09_0033.jpg

GIVE_HC_SS09_0046.jpg

GIVE_HC_SS09_0060.jpg

GIVE_HC_SS09_0075.jpg

GIVE_HC_SS09_0090.jpg

GIVE_HC_SS09_0104.jpg

GIVE_HC_SS09_0122.jpg

GIVE_HC_SS09_0132.jpg

Catwalking.com

This is outstanding. The suits, the dresses, the shoes, the veils. It's just absolutely breathtaking. When I'll see the whole thing I'll probably have more to say...

This is absolutely gorgeous and is a true statement to those that believe haute couture is dead/dying. Best of the season!

thank you, tisci!

impossibly beautiful. this collection is competely taking my breath away. and a friend of mine was actually backstage.

i'm at a complete loss for words. magnifique!

It's pretty, I like the simple pieces and the veils.

I'm not getting that warm feeling though . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->