Givenchy Homme To Close....

brian said:
yikes... irrelevant ****
typing in a furor....

Brian i just called givenchy headquarters in paris they said they closed it they didnt really have too many answers.

If its only the menswear department, maybe the name of the thread should be changed to "givenchy menswear to close" or closed, since this seems to be the last collection

Certainly doing a collection is ALWAYS a struggle no matter what color of skin (Olivier Theysken for example) and placating the suits or only want a quick return no matter the creative aspect is really an impossible task.
The

What was the point of Givenchy Homme anyway? You can go to Savile Row for a suit.

dont worry people im making calls pulling Strings talking to top Architects im going to get this Store open again even if i have to get steven holl or Rem koolhaas on the project no one is going to take my Givenchy from me.

^ wooO!!!!
you go boy!!
i hope you can do it ... :wink:
i want to see tisci's beautiful creations once again!
(at a place other than a dept store...)

well,personally,i never paid much attention to Homme....maybe that was a precursor for things to come....i don't think it ever got much attention from the press and in sales. it's not a stab at Ozwald because of who he is but i just found his work completely uninspiring and tired. The cutting was stupendous for sure but that was it,really.

^ i have peoples blackberries buzzing as i type even if riccardo does a few mens peices each season like karl for chanel i would be happy but and inovative store in new york would really bring people in. ok i got a message....... they want a detailed history of givenchy and they ****** who shall remain unnamed will do a preposeal for a new store.
i know the outline but if anyone has a detailed hist that would help ....lets bring Givenchy back it worked for prada.

^ please though...a nice discreet space... :wink:
givenchy is not an eyesore nor ostentatious and its building doesn't need to be so either

:angel:

im not the Architect i cant control his vision but if i can get him to do it it will be amazing he does amazing work.

So the Madison Ave store closed down ENTIRELY or has just moved out all of its Homme?

^ closed entirely,e
too bad you didn't get a shot at some -90% suits... :wink:

90? you are telling lies..... im going to shoot my self i said was going to go last sunday.

Agiles - check out wikiepedia for a history of Givenchy

i need more Detail anyone have Vintage pics of his Coture and RTW other than the Heptburn stuff

:doh: I thought there was something wrong with the small couture collection

well i just Talked with the Architect he has an amazing concept...a whole image Revision

Honestly, I can't say I'm surprised. Boateng's tailoring is rather...specific. It's not the most flattering cut if you don't have a bulky, rugby player body. I remember seeing all the guys who worked at Boateng walking down Saville Row just looking a right f@cking mess in his suits. And what he did at Givenchy wasn't distinctive enough to set itself apart from his own eponymous label and wasn't interesting enough to elevate it to a level on par with the work of Tisci. Or even Macdonald. The label was not consistent across the board, even in terms of interest or sales. It wasn't exactly Slimane/Galliano up in there.

It is unfortunate, especially with the news that the women's line is in trouble as well, but when has Givenchy been successful? When haven't they had problems? The people in charge there clearly have issues, and here's hoping they sort it out quickly.

AGiles said:
90? you are telling lies..... im going to shoot my self i said was going to go last sunday.
He don't lie. Thanks to Brians hot tip I went to Givenchy on Tuesday and scored an amazing suit for only $300.

damn damn damn...... did u get Aw or a little spring collection also?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->