Givenchy Pre-Fall 2013

i like it. it's certainly a hell of alot better than the resort collection!

It's Riccardo's past stuff mixed with Balenciaga ss 2013 and Raf Simons fw 2011 and some Preen...... On a positive note, I like the shoes.

I completely like this collection, to me resort or pre-fall is like a breath of fresh air collection after we went through the main stream collection. I love the prints, the dress and the tailor.

This collection knocks it out of the park! Yes, way more impressive than his last pre-fall collection. Fantastic styling. And are those pony skin trousers in the beginning? I SO need those.

Some pieces are really good, others are way too bad. Not sure if I like the collection as a whole or not!

riccardo's collections always feel consistent to me and i know a lot of people would like him to change it up every season but i think he changes it up enough
it's not boring to me but i understand they aren't completely different
i think if people tried themselves to put out six brand new concepts every two months they might have more sympathy for him y/know

at first look i was like 'this is the worst thing he's ever done', but after a closer look there are single items (like that leather cape) and certain outfits (the simpler and more tailored ones, actually) that are great. but they really get lost in a sea of ugly as hell prints, overstyling and crazy ruffles. i was expecting much more since s/s was heavenly. he basically took certain things that worked in the spring collection and took them to a wrong extreme.

olEtZ.jpg

[twitter.com/ACglamour]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->