Givenchy Resort 2019

So everyone went from copying Gucci to copying Balenciaga? Desperation much.

This looks very 80's, very Anne-Marie Beretta. It's so AMB that it hurts, from the volumes, the palette and the clean lines...
I don't know if i love it but i like a lot of pieces in there and i think this is her strongest collection yet (both menswear and womenswear).
The last dress is amazing tho.

I don't find this to be Balenciaga inspired because Demna's stuff is very 90's inspired and he didn't invented stirrup pants but this is very 80's. Marc Jacobs's fall 2018 collection was like a caricature of the 80's and this looks like the commercial, wearable, raw version of it.

It's very surprising to see this coming from Clare because before Chloé, she was very edgy almost, at Chloé, she gave the commercial, romantic modern look and now, it's all vintage and slightly edgy.

Maybe the most interesting resort collection yet.
The scenery is very good.

So everyone went from copying Gucci to copying Balenciaga? Desperation much.

There is nothing Balenciaga about this, if you know fashion history this is very mid 80s ( 84-85) French fashion.

This looks very 80's, very Anne-Marie Beretta. It's so AMB that it hurts, from the volumes, the palette and the clean lines...
I don't know if i love it but i like a lot of pieces in there and i think this is her strongest collection yet (both menswear and womenswear).
The last dress is amazing tho.

I don't find this to be Balenciaga inspired because Demna's stuff is very 90's inspired and he didn't invented stirrup pants but this is very 80's. Marc Jacobs's fall 2018 collection was like a caricature of the 80's and this looks like the commercial, wearable, raw version of it.

It's very surprising to see this coming from Clare because before Chloé, she was very edgy almost, at Chloé, she gave the commercial, romantic modern look and now, it's all vintage and slightly edgy.

Maybe the most interesting resort collection yet.
The scenery is very good.

1000% agree Its very mid 80s, save for the flared pants as they were taboo that time , but the magenta and speckled midi dresses are very of the time , in fact I had a similar magenta style dress lol with the knife pleats.

The menswear is boring it looks like Zara.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tragic... Looks like off white collection.

The last dress is amazing, Lola!

The main pieces; the other pleated metallic dresses and ruffled tops, the leather cowl-neck sweatshirts, and the full-length faux furs, all in the deep wine palette are strong statements. If only she can conjure more of these graphic, non-fussy pieces to extend the simple vocabulary, she would be in the right direction. It’s strong-80s influences don’t come across retro or gimmicky at all. Very nonsense commercial— but that’s not such a bad thing this time. I can accept this as the new modern.

(The men's is totally forgettable. Too thriftstore for my taste. It's nothing I can't pull together from vintage, thriftstore and already existing designs from anywhere.)

Benn: Maybe the raw, non-corrected colors of the photography and casting is giving you Demna’s vibe. I can see that. But the quality of the designs, and thoughtfulness of simplicity in sharp, graphic shapes, is so flattering to a woman’s body than the gimmicky down-and-out-in-Kiev 90s street vendor mess.

While I don't see a resort/summer vibe in the collection, this is a great collection from Clare. I don't see any similarity between this and Demna's Balenciaga, Clare is far more talented than him. I am finally seeing a clear direction that she puts forward in the house, it is a great departure from what she presented in her first collection. Also, the evening dresses look amazing, especially those on Marte! I could see her getting customers from the old Celine.

I like this a lot, tbh. It's a much stronger collection than her weak, forgettable and stupid debut.
But her Givenchy has literally 0 identity.

Really enjoy her Womenswear here and it fits Givenchy to a T! I think it’s definetely practical to show these types of clothes since they don’t hit shelves till November where in certain climates it’s cold AF!

But her menswear...hire a real menswear designer or get rid of it indefinitely...

It's a really strong collection. What I love about it is that Clare managed to take something quite surprising from the archives- the Givenchy sports line from the 80's- and brought that to the 21st century. The best part of this lookbook is the evening one, all the gowns are gorgeous.

I wish she had a stronger menswear team, because here it's rather lazy and not very groundbreaking. I really like that mint/red combo tho.

I'm really in love with the new Givenchy. Beautiful sharp offerings for resort 19.

People should understand no can EVER copy Balenciaga. Ever!

I like this a lot, tbh. It's a much stronger collection than her weak, forgettable and stupid debut.
But her Givenchy has literally 0 identity.

Maybe this «*lack of strong voice*» is actually the new identity...
Tbh, Mr Givenchy’s fashion never really had a strong identity. He was known for introducing the idea of separates in Haute Couture, for his casual elegance, for the chic classicism of his clothes and for the Balenciaga’s inspired rigor of it.
And I feel like this is what we have now: great separates, casual elegance with a touch of classicism and rigorous shapes and volumes.

Givenchy needed someone like Riccardo in order to be relevant and to resonate in people’s mind. Now that Givenchy means something in the big scale of fashion and as a commercial force, maybe this is what it’s best for them...For now!

I’m sure this kind of things please LVMH. It’s all about the product. We are in a very item-based era.

Absolutely loving this mid-eighties moment. VP is gonna eat this up.

I do like the womenswear but the menswear is so forgettable. I can't remember a single outfit after closing the lookbook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->