Givenchy S/S 11 Paris

so beautiful dresses
4rwg8717.jpg

nowfashion

it's alright

*gets the crap pieces of the collection. not like there are not enough to go around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it, love it, love it! The leopard printed pieces are stunning. Dying to see it in motion!

I instantly thought Balenciaga when I saw the first four outfits.

Ahh yes! Givenchy! This collection took my heart, can"t wait to see details and HQ's.

Tougher looking than normal for Givenchy, yes? The over-side leopard print pieces looking very dramatic!

like alber @ lanvin, ricardo can do no wrong... :heart: :crush: :wub: love/want it all!

speaking of Phi, if I may ask quickly, they haven't shown for resort, and not yet for spring 2011 either ... can someone tell me what's up?

One thing for sure, I love the colours and the structured tailoring. The touch of leopard print is so sophisticated, as expected from Tisci.

speaking of Phi, if I may ask quickly, they haven't shown for resort, and not yet for spring 2011 either ... can someone tell me what's up?

They filed for bankrupcy for quite some time ago.

Anyway, love this! The leopard prints :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
F*ck it! Tisci does it again! This collection has nothing to do with whatever trends or stuff we've seen over the past weeks. I love how he has his own voice in fashion.

Omg This Is Just The Collection That Is Saving Paris Fashion Week!!!!!
Everything Is So Dramatic And Perfect :heart: :heart: :heart:

Looks like Tisci is beyond everything and everybody, just give me these HQ pictures right now, I want them sooo bad.

This is really awful. I absolutely hate the direction he is going in; that 'fashion gothicism'. It is just not something I gravitate towards. It's also a shame, because we all know he is capable of great collections like the ones in the beginning of his Givenchy career.

Besides, is he serious with that leopard? It looks stale and incredibly 'last season' (as much as I hate to use that phrase) but it speaks true of this. Also everything has this sadness about it, but not in that beautiful aesthetic way if that makes sense.
And those pant with trains are painful to look at. Trying far too hard to have some kind of visible quirk.

Overall a stale and mundane collection. Nothing exciting and certainly nothing worth obsessing over. It's a shame because his Resort was much stronger and less contrived in a way.

I agree Helmut Newton. I find nothing interesting or exciting in this. I'm sick of these sheer pants and sheer skirts. It only works in a handful of situations and I never found it that great to begin with. I don't know - all the proportions seem unflattering and while I understand that is not Tisci's main concern, nothing really draws me in here.

The big oversized leopard print reminds me of Gwen Stefani/L.A.M.B.
She would rock that maxi dress!

Ugh, NO to animal prints. I can't stand them. I like most of everything else so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->