Givenchy S/S 11 Paris

I quite like this. It doesn't blow me away, to be honest I liked his recent Resort collection more. However! I still quite like it, in my opinion it's aesthetically pleasing and he obviously has his own voice - he sticks very true to his own DNA with some of that stark Givenchy flair. And now I realize what Carine was wearing for the 90th Anniversary party for Vogue Paris. Style.com said it was a Givenchy number, but I was like "I have never seen that before, what are you on Style!" Tricky tricky Carine, wearing something out of the collection before it even debuted. :lol:

I've decided I like this collection. Sure, it's probably too general for Tisci and I wish he could have included some of his really skillful cuts and more interesting prints than animal. But at the end of the day this is an aesthetically pleasing collection. It's Tisci's more minimal side.
He's been producing brilliant collections for the past couple of years so I find it fine to explore his more simple side.

Nothing here really grabs me. It's just underwhelming in general although not bad in any way. And would it kill him to do something summery?

This was bland but this was BEAUTIFUL
Tisci did not disappoint one bit
I Loved everything
I cant wait to see the show in full(video)

I guess that I'm one of the few that doesn't like this. To put it simply, I find it rather boring. And I feel like i've seen it all, all to often, just executed better or with a more interesting approach.
I'm feeling exactly the same way. Looking through all of the pictures I kept thinking that Tisci isn't showing me something fresh with this. It's not fresh for him and it's not fresh for fashion as a whole. I could at least forgive that if it was done well, but I don't really think it was.

I also hate some of the truly unnecessary details. I've never had such an urge to rip things off of a garment before. I mean the pants with the transparent overlay? What exactly did they add to an otherwise beautifully cut pair of pants?

Last edited by a moderator:
I never love Tisci's collection except for 07FW...but Givenchy's shoes are just wowwwww! I'm dying for the white peek-a-toe booties!

The collection could have done with something other than leopard print. However as a person who used to sport a deathhawk, overall I really like it.

The Venue ruined it for me, I loved all the looks, don't get me wrong, but why Couldn't have been a similar venue from the menswear?

I agree with a few of the people on here though that I would be all over the Cruis collection than this...at least the leopard print in the cruise stand out much more bolder and richer than the leopard in this collection.

The SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THEY WERE HIGH, PLATFORMED, and FABULOUS!!!!!!

it's probably the first time that I really like leopard print!:woot: I love the collection.. clothes, accessories, models' hair.. everything is so good!

definitely not his best, but after that couture collection, i'd need to take a season off, too.

Even though it's nothing new, I love it.
It's dark, sophisticated and romantic so it is right up my alley.

Hmm I was just expecting...more. It was fine, good even but not exciting, he's done better collections than this. The shoes look like they could be great though.

I've changed my mind after watching the vid and looking at the HQs especially of the back of the outfits. I really like it.

After the beautiful Resort collection, as the summer arrives we're supposed to go back to goth? Seriously Riccardo? Ugh...

A very lazy collection as I see it. Another round of all those masterfully cut and tailored Tisci jackets and trousers, again, and again, and again... It's been for how many seasons in a row?

Although it's a very nice collection (i adore those pants) but it doesn't feel too summery/springy for me. It's kinda dark like F/W collection

oh, and hideous hairstyle

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->