Givenchy S/S 2004 Haute Couture

i hope James Bond attened this collection coz catherine zeta is going to look fab in these and versaces gowns!!!
btw sorry 2 b off topic but whos gonna act as the other girl?

poor poor julien...i pray his contract expires with givenchy before they suck every ounce of creativity out of him. it's ashame that lvmh (via dior) allows galliano to express himself so fully, yet across the way, they completely stifle all of that creative energy we know julien has in him. i am bored w/this givenchy collection.

the high moment was daria's dress, but that probably didn't fly too well with the powers that be seeing as that resembles something julien might put in his own show. :unsure:

allows galliano to express himself so fully

The more unwearable Galliano's couture gets the more people start buying his RTW...I wonder if Julien 's the same....

The collection is beautiful. That spiderweb dress is incredible. :magic:

I saw the whole collection at vogue.co.uk and I thought it was a pretty weak collection. :doh: Though at some pieces he was able to balance Julien MacDonald and Givenchy, there wasn't really a backbone that carried the collection. Just uber-basic silhouettes with a mix of classy and trashy fabrics.

Rating: 3.9; Definetly below average; but a few redeeming qualities.

oh no! how could you say that? i thought it was a gorgeous and romantic collection. So beautiful and very wearable couture. I loved it! :heart:

my faves:

Last edited by a moderator:
so well put, by wwd :flower:
During his tenure at the house, the founder’s elegant approach proved elusive, and Macdonald never quite found his groove. Even his last couture collection there (his contract is up in April) proved no exception.

Grown-up good-girl clothes — curvy lace suits, a swirling pleated cocktail dress trimmed with velvet ribbon — brought to mind the days of “Belle de Jour,” when a married woman might dress up to step out on her man. The best of these included a white jacket and matching skirt both edged in openwork lace and a glamorous gown in elegant black. Too often, however, Macdonald’s creations looked awkward or simply old fashioned and came tangled in beaded cobwebs, dragging ruffled tendrils or sprouting tufts of tulle from behind. What a way to bid adieu

Personally, I love this collection. Most of the pieces I find wearable, and I love the romantic, heavenly feel to it. It is slightly disjointed though, but that is forgiven by me, because I'm a sucker for pretty dresses :lol:

:heart:

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jan 21st, 2004 - 3:04 pm
poor poor julien...i pray his contract expires with givenchy before they suck every ounce of creativity out of him. it's ashame that lvmh (via dior) allows galliano to express himself so fully, yet across the way, they completely stifle all of that creative energy we know julien has in him. i am bored w/this givenchy collection.

the high moment was daria's dress, but that probably didn't fly too well with the powers that be seeing as that resembles something julien might put in his own show. :unsure:
Read THIS :-

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifeandstyle...ning%20Standard

and THIS

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,...1128343,00.html

He's going to be a BIG-SHOT in MILAN !! :o

I feel he will be at home there !

( although I disapprove strongly of what he said to that poor woman on Eurostar !!! ) :wink:

KIT B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->