Givenchy S/S 2019 Paris

Another solid collection by Clare!

P.s. the earrings and eyewear is QUESTIONABLE...

It feels so...sterile. It lacks passion, energy...it´s a strange feeling that I get from this collection.

Like a void of fabrics and colours mixed together.

absolutely in love with it. every time i see the pictures again i love more. i want to be this givenchy woman !!

Most of these looks weren't not made for a frantic walk across stage, I can tell you that much.

So, I am waiting for the people who love Clare at Givenchy to tell me what they like about this collection :mrgreen:

Because it's better than any collection that's been shown all season.

Perfect play of masculine/feminine, and the womanly collection that's absent from fashion at the moment.

Hated her at Chloe, she couldn't be more right for Givenchy.

Some people will be bored, but personally I find the lack of try-hardness to be refreshing.

Opening look was perfection.

I really like how graphic some of the pieces look, for example those asymmetric ruffles were gorgeous and Clare has a good eye for colour. As a whole this collection is not groundbreaking at all but I feel like it's not their goal. Now with Waight Keller at the helm their clothes are commercial, but not in an offensive way because there's still some sense of freshness going on. And their menswear is getting better and better with time.

There’s something that feels slightly unfinished about this collection.
I guess it’s well made but it doesn’t look well executed...
A bit of « entre-deux », not really decisive and not strong in personality.

I don’t understand the black stockings for summer, the low heels with the big volumes. There’s a lack of confidence in the proposition.

It’s not bad. There are some cute things. I think it’s good for a woman who loves fashion but who is afraid of trying. It’s a bit « en sourdine ».

This is exactly what Rykiel should look like. I don’t know if it’s strong enough for Givenchy.
Lucky her, she dressed Meghan...

Left a very drab inpression on me. I think it lacks detailing which makes it feel unfinished, which is curious since her couture show in July was overwhelmingly embellished.

The proposal isn't strong it should all be about those pantsuits but you also have some femenine dresses that are totally unremarkable, nothing truly desirable this time simply because nothing stands out.

My problem with Clare's designs is that the silhouette is too boring, so when she is not playing with volumes - like in the shoulders - her clothes are very flat. This is what happened this time. The only glimpse of something promising is the first look, the yellow dress.

Im not even talk about the menswear.. So flat. I wish that they could split the brand making the menswear a independent line, so someone's else could do the job, because I dont think that she will ever deliver in this segment.

This is ordinary, sorry Clare, ILY, I love your personality and I still a stan for you, but this was not good, maybe next time.

I agree with the comments above saying this collection has no energy. I cannot imagine who would wear this clothing because it has no identity. I like a few looks but I cannot understand why so many of the pieces are solid and without an interesting silhouette.

This collection is quite mediocre and it really doesn't really feel S/S at all. Some of the tailoring is lovely though, like Sara Grace's look which is exquisite.

Not bad but i'm not thrilled about this collection or about her Givenchy.
Nothing desiderable.

There’s something that feels slightly unfinished about this collection.
I guess it’s well made but it doesn’t look well executed...
A bit of « entre-deux », not really decisive and not strong in personality.

I don’t understand the black stockings for summer, the low heels with the big volumes. There’s a lack of confidence in the proposition.

It’s not bad. There are some cute things. I think it’s good for a woman who loves fashion but who is afraid of trying. It’s a bit « en sourdine ».

This is exactly what Rykiel should look like. I don’t know if it’s strong enough for Givenchy.
Lucky her, she dressed Meghan...
Lucky Meghan , lol.
Clare Waight Keller is lucky too. :wink:

I really like this.
Granted, it's nothing groundbreaking. But i see elegant, wearable clothes that don't pander to either teenagers or gimmick-loving fashion victims, and that on itself is a big win for me. Some looks are definitely off, but there's a lot to like here

The daywear/outerwear in the first half honestly looks like Balmain to me (SS17, SS16, FW14)---not sure if it's the straps/cutouts, the 80s shoulder, the high waist, or what, but yeesh that's not a look I want to see for Givenchy.

Found the evening options much more successful, but even so many of those were pretty basic, filler looks. I rather liked her most recent couture offering, clinical as it was, so I'm a bit disappointed by this. She should drop the menswear and concentrate on nailing down the identity of her Givenchy woman.

This is quite a letdown after her gorgeous Haute Couture Show--she's had a string of three successful shows imo--but still better than her debut, which was so mediocre, it should be written out of her tenure. The tailoring and clean-cut silhouette here makes me think that she might be better suited for an Italian brand like Ferragamo or Bottega Veneta. Her color palette also reminds me of Frida Giannini's here. But overall, it's still a nice collection rooted in chic bourgeois dressing.

To me, she has slowly but surely developed her identity and I think it's understandable that her work could be deemed too commercial for Givenchy given how conceptual Riccardo's was at times. But as far as growth goes, I'm still interested in seeing what she'd do next because unlike most designers that take on a new house these days where a certain signature is usually established from the get-go (i.e. Michele at Gucci, Slimane at Celine, Maria at Dior), she hasn't completely fleshed out what she has under her belt yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoutshonor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->