Givenchy S/S 2019 Paris

I think it lacks detailing which makes it feel unfinished, which is curious since her couture show in July was overwhelmingly embellished.

This. I think Clare is finally finding her voice at Givenchy and I get the look, but most of these clothes aren't desirable as separate pieces. I don't see anything that would distinguish them from another brand that produces nameless well made basics, such as Ferragamo or Ferre. The only pieces I truly love are the floral dresses on Marte and Cara and then nearly the same iteration in yellow on Veerle.

I can't seem to get behind Clare for Givenchy just like I can't get used to Natacha at Chloe. This brand is not on my radar. I'm not sure whether it's because of the disconnect between her looks, but whatever message she's trying to send I'm not getting. For most part this is quite a mixed bag. The men's looks are distracting and should be taken out altogether, you have cropped jackets next to jumpsuits, then to elegant evening gowns in sumptuous colours. It's just too scattered. To make matters worse, she chose to end it all with three dresses which imo look atrocious in cut and print.

for me best collection this season ..i don't have the range of words to break this down in a eloquent way ...i just know it looks good ..backstage looking at the details up close u can tell we taking the highest level of craftsmanship... this made up for not having Bottega Veneta this season ..also that Tan/beige coat that Jeenu Mahadevan is wearing will be bought & added to my collection ..i already put my order in :D...Salute Clare & her amazing team....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->