Givenchy 'The Introduction Campaign' 2020 by Nick Knight

Cute

Reaction score
MATTHEW M. WILLIAMS’ FIRST CAMPAIGN
The House of Givenchy is pleased to present the first advertising campaign by its new Creative Director, Matthew M. Williams.

In a series of images shot by the photographer Nick Knight, a longtime friend and collaborator, the designer lifts the veil on his aesthetic for Givenchy, revealing key hardware symbols that he will bring to the fore in collections for both women and men.

For digital platforms, Williams oversaw a video, also shot by Knight, featuring custom vocals by another of his close friends, the rapper and songwriter Playboi Carti. Behind the scenes, the “work in progress” currently underway at Givenchy takes shape as images of the new House symbols cascade from a high-res printer and Carti riffs on right versus wrong pronunciations of the House’s name.

givenchy

Givenchy emblazoned locks and chains...why am I not surprised?

The pictures do look nice, they look like scans from an old magazine, although it's a very strange first campaign.

I actually like some pieces from 1017 Alyx, but I was not excited when I heard this appointment months ago. Still curious for the show, but not holding my breath.

Love the vintage effect on the photographs. They hired him for his accessories and he's doing what he does for the first campaign.

I actually love the photocopy vibe. I’m not sure about the accessories.

LOL “The Introduction Campaign”. His accessories are the only passably redeeming sensibility to his appointment at the brand. Not surprising that it’s the focal point here. And cleverly elevated by Nick’s slickness. Cuz you know, this brand of chunky and oversized bling that his own label succeeded with can so easily be had from Hong Kong wholesalers for a fraction of the fraction of what he’s hustling it for. And IRL it’s all such cheapness: Silvered-plated brass LOL The Givenchy bags were impressive for one hot second— then I was reminded of his cheap details all over it, and no thank you.

Question though, who would actually want to wear these? They look heavy and clunky and not to mention uncomfortable. Also, the locket in the first picture is very misleading. It's sold as a single lock with holes for other locks you can buy separately. No thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->