Glutathione pills ?

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by ParadEyes, May 21, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. ParadEyes

ParadEyes Spring of Córdoba

Has anyone tried taking glutathione whitening pills?
    I heard Dr.James pills are the best out there ..I am planning to buy them soon but I'd like to get some feedback on the subject :flower:

* please, no "embrace your skintone" rants allowed. :p

2. Dulcisima

Dulcisima New Member

lool sorry i had to drop a comment its summer!!! you probably have the most goregous skintone!!! so skip the pill and no i wont tell u embrace ur skintone i'll tell u check out Jacko in the hospital for skincancer!! yes i know its not from the pills but these things that you take, i am sure it has a con...use natural remedies...such as yoghurt, peeling, diamond masks etc...there are s many other remedies to lighten ur skin...

and i have to say...save the whitenning for the winter!! its summer!!!! enjoy it!!!:)

sorry i wasnt much help!B):flower:

3. Dulcisima

Dulcisima New Member

btw SK II has a whitening masks etc...its a japanese line, japanese women are famous for their silky clear skin...if you want more info that check the flawless skin thread...there is a member LetThemEatCake he is amazing with skin care and very very helpful!! he can help you out!

4. ParadEyes

I am not a tanning fan :doh: and I am already tanned myself. The hot sun where I live is torturing. I think it already made me 2 shades darker than my original skin tone. I've been trying to get my hands on those glutathione pills, because -beside being very helpful for cleansing the body- they also decrease the melanin making the skin brighter.
    and I have never heard about glutathione causing cancer :unsure:. As far as I know it protects against it.

#4 ParadEyes, May 22, 2009
    Last edited by moderator ectodd1: May 22, 2009
  5. daniellat

daniellat Fashion Designer

i wouldnt use anything that has to be eaten in order to work for your skin such as pills or any kind of drug for that matter. there are tons of whitening creams that work outthere ive used some myself a few months ago because my face was getting too dark from being in the sun too much and it was periodically but it worked just fine in a matter of a month of twice a day use. im not sure where you live and if this could be available for you. theyre super cheap btw.
    [​IMG]
    productosmexicanos

ive hear also a good clarifying cream for the body is Garnier Body Clarify but i havent tried it yet maybe you can give it a try

#5 daniellat, May 22, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : May 22, 2009
  6. xing

xing New Member

erm i think pple think glutathione is some sort of drug! it's not! it's a super duper antioxidant. I think some call it the master antioxidant.

i don't know anything about the pills your mention but you may want to check out the concentration and the form it comes in.(like vit e has 3 form, you want the one that the body produces naturally)

7. Deborah

Deborah New Member

How do antioxidents whiten the skin?

8. ParadEyes

daniellat
    thankyou for your suggestion..although i do not think i will able to find this brand here :(

9. ParadEyes

for the pills i am planning to take...each capsule is 1000 mg. so i guess it's 1 capsule per day + vitamic c ( 2000 mg perhaps ). if you take less than 500 mg you will not see the whitening results.

glutathione isn't really used for whitening.. it is used to improve overall health, protects against cancer, chronic illness, premature aging and heart diseases..the lightening of the skin, however, is the only side effect of the pills. which is a great side effect for many people. :p

#9 ParadEyes, May 23, 2009
    Last edited by moderator ectodd1: May 23, 2009
  10. xing

xing New Member

^Yeah, that's what I read too. If I'm not wrong, both glutathione and Vit C are water soluble so just drink plenty of water and you shouldn't suffer from overdose. Although I really don't think you need 2000mg of Vit C. The daily recommendation is about 60mg for women and 90 mg for men according to the North American Dietary Reference Intake. Taking extra is just wasting Vit C and you do get it in your food. So maybe just say 500mg? Since that's the standard size per capsule that they sell here(Singapore).

11. ParadEyes

^ that was my concern too. do we even need the addition of vitamin c ?

i couldn't find dr.james capsules so i bought gluta-c ( which is really good too )
    the capsule is 500 mg. do you really think 60 mg of vitamin c is enough ?

#11 ParadEyes, May 27, 2009
    Last edited by moderator ectodd1: May 27, 2009
  12. xing

xing New Member

I don't know, honestly.

But I wouldn't worry about Vit C intake because you do get it from fresh(that is uncooked, and don't soak it in water or anything) fruits and vegetables. I rather take plenty of that goodness and then maybe add a 500mg pill if I have to. It shouldn't be the other way round IMHO, especially with something as easily available as Vit C.

13. BurtsBee

BurtsBee New Member

Where did you purchase your gluta-c pills? And are you seeing a result? I'm interested in buying them because living in LA has darkened my skin ton soooo much.

14. ParadEyes

^ I ordered them online. I've been taking them for 3 days now.

Xing, thankyou for your advice :)

15. MissT

MissT New Member

Paradeyes, I've been taking glutathione for the past 2 weeks.. I haven't seen any results yet, how long have you been taking yours?

16. lifeistiffanyblu

lifeistiffanyblu New Member

if anyone has any results could you please post them to update us? also about the detoxing effects of the pills too..thanks!

17. limo

limo New Member

Any updates? I'm thinking of trying this. Thanks!