Gnarls Barkley

.francesca

about to fall or fly
Reaction score
the first single from the debut gnarls barkley (cee-lo and danger mouse) record, "crazy," was the first single ever in history to top the UK top 10 charts based on internet download sales alone!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4870150.stm

the song, incidentally, is amazing ^_^ a huge summer hit, i think.

here is the wiki entry for gnarls barkley.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnarls_Barkley

St_Elsewhere_Cover_Art.JPG

image from wikipedia as well.

and here is the video for "crazy," from youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyyVlUfy19c&search=crazy%20gnarls%20barkley

Last edited by a moderator:
We all loved this song in the office until everyone OVERPLAYED it to death. The album is supposed to be amazing though.

There's a really good article on them in an old Observer magazine I have on my desk - might scan later! They come across as complete loons....!

the rest of the album IS amazing - i'm not as crazy about crazy as i am about the rest of it...i'd say 90% of it is awesome.

i don't think they take themselves too seriously..here's a picture of them as an homage to "clockwork orange" from wiki.

475px-Gnarls_barkley.jpg

a lot of people are comparing them to outkast, but i really see no comparison at all.

I have heard the 'Crazy' song too many times now, and I did like it at first. .
They've been Number 1 for about 10 weeks with it.

such is the way of the number 1 hit! :lol:

it hasn't really been around in north america/canada for that long, so it hasn't been "played out" yet. plus, i don't listen to commercial radio or watch mtv/much music etc, so i only hear it when i feel like listening to it, so it hasn't reached that level of annoyance yet. i made sure that "hey ya" didn't reach that level so that i would still like listening to it years later :wink:

the whole album is pretty strong, i think. namely, "smiley faces" has a really good retro feeling to it, and "just a thought" has really good breaks and drum beats. PLUS they cover a violent femmes song, very well i think!

"Crazy" is better than most of the crap ends up being a #1 hit. But I don't love it.
Their popularity definitely has not exploded here in the U.S.(yet) I havent heard this song being played a lot, but I wouldn't really know b/c I avoid commecial radio. They just played a show here last night, at a venue thats not that big, but I didnt go.

I remember first hearing Crazy and liking how fresh is sounded. But being at number one for so long has made it irritate the hell out of me now.:(

I think the song and video are both very good! It hasen't been overplayed where I am yet so I can still enjoy it... :lol:

I personally like 'Crazy' a lot; it is a nice departure from the usual stuff on the radio, and I love how you can't really classify them. Cee-lo is a really great vocalist, which is somewhat of a rarity with rappers.

I never thought that "the fat guy from GoodieMob" would turn out something so good.."Crazy" is about quickly reaching "overplayed" status here in the States, but from what I heard on their myspace page, they seem to have some choice cuts on their album..Love them!

I like the songs "The Last Time" and "I Try". "Crazy" is also a favorite of mine. Awesome music. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ktkees1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->