Go-go Boots!

purplelucrezia

Reaction score
I know that this a kinda silly post, but I'd like to find a pair to go with my other 60's stuff. I have seen a pair at Zara and another Urban Outfitters, but I'm still looking. I haven't found any actual vintage pieces that fit me, so modern interpretations are just fine. Also, I don't feel safe ordering off ebay. If anyone knows of any other places, please share. Thanks so much! :flower:

This is a dorky picture, but these are kind of boots I would like. (Guess doesn't actually carry them).

i have a pair like the ones above ( different heel) but patent with rounded toe and circlular silver buckle ( detail, not really a buckle) . i found them at a vintige shop for 5.oo years and years ago. during the fall mod craze i wore them constantly :blush: i have to be careful because they are so old.

but i would keep looking ! check out thrift shops too. some online vintige boutiques may have as well.......it IS hard to find the perfect pair....im so happy i stumbled across mine :heart:

03.jpg

I have these only in white they remind me of gogo boots in white.

www.bronxshoes.com

I don't know how much you are willing to spend (esp. if you can find them cheap while thrifting) but the marc jacobs go-go-esque boots are on sale right now at places like shopbop.com they are white with open sides sort of...do you know what i am talking about?

I didn't know they sold them. Could you possibly post a link or a picture please? Thanks! :blush:

i didnt know tehse boots were called GOGO boots. over here GOGO boots are actually meant for GOGO dancing and are usually some ugly platform boots.

these are COURRèGES STYLE: i LIKE :heart:

The definition of go-go boots has changed a lot over the years. (go-goboots.com discusses this). Personally, I am interested in the plainer style that is closer to the original mod image. :flower: Thanks so much for the TopShop idea mehg! I have found a ton of stuff I love- their purses are absolutely adorable! :woot: Are you are thinking of the "biker" style? They are cute, but they only come in black...sigh... :( I am also thrilled with how cheap their stuff seems. I'm praying they ship to Canada and that the exchange rate isn't too bad... :unsure:

When did I suggest topshop?! hehe. Anyway if Topshop doesn't ship to Canada, I'm canadian and you could order them online, ship them to me, and I could bring them back for you and mail them from Canada (I live in Sask. but go to school in the UK). Anyway, I looked on the shopbop website and no more boots :( looks like they are probably sold out. sorry dear!

Sorry, I must have read your post wrong. :blush: Oh well, I did find some great stuff. :rolleyes: Thank you so much for all your help though! :flower: I've actually sent Topshop an email about shipping so hopefully they'll let me know...I appreciate your offer though... :P

here's nine west's "bonifancy" they're currently out of stock but i bet they'll get some soon!

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jan 15th, 2004 - 2:59 am
Sorry, I must have read your post wrong. :blush: Oh well, I did find some great stuff. :rolleyes: Thank you so much for all your help though! :flower: I've actually sent Topshop an email about shipping so hopefully they'll let me know...I appreciate your offer though... :P
I'm pretty sure Topshop don't ship internationally, I contacted them about it a while ago :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuslimHearts
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"