Golden Globes 2009

Okay, I wasn't blown away by anyone's look on Vogue's list. Don't get their first and second choice either.

seriously? renee looked absolutely awful. I am not a fan of hers regardless, but that was just bad.

I am on the anti-Renee path too. She is horrible actress, and maybe this is mean, but she's not attractive. And always looks bad on the red carpet. :innocent:
Big miss.

My favorites :

January Jones - Amazing choice the dress, the color of the dress versus her skin, hair, lipstick etc
Olivia Wilde - Oh so pretty, great choice
Jenna Fischer - yay someone in retro 40s floral! She looked unique and not a carbon copy!
Eva Mendes - the dress was right for her.. it had EM attitude.. the necklace tied it all together and I liked that her do wasn't too tight nor too helmet hair-ish
Rumer Willis - Perfection! Great color on her.. she looked very elegant!
Freida Pinto - Stood out with the unusual colorof the dress and just the right choice to set off her skintone, very pretty hair and makeup..
Amanda Seyfried - Perfect dress, accessories, hair and makeup
Drew Barrymore - Looked Wonderful, had that sexy, innocent, frail Marilyn Monroes vibe going without looking like a bad copy mixed with her own cheekyness. The dress was divine on her.. the hair could have been taken down a notch but that could just have been camera angles.
Nancy O'dell looked decent - good colors on her.. the beading of the dress could have been nicer, it looked a little cheap, which is sad because overall the dress was very good on her
Kristin Scott Thomas - looked very elegant
Evan Rachel Wood - Polished to perfection.. a cold black diamond
Elizabeth Banks - Very pretty, one of the few 'mermaid dresses' that looked good. Hairstyle a bit 'soccer mom'
Maggie Gyllenhal - looked very sophisticated
Cameron Diaz - I liked her color choice -it's suits her skin and light blue eyes.. the dress was slightly differnt in a very Diaz way and the accessories a good match
Vanessa Hughens - Very pretty, nice hair and accessories a slightly safe choice.. but perfect choice for a teen-queen
Susan Downey - Robert Downey Jr wife.. was so gorgeous..the dress was nothing spectaular.. but as a package she just shined for me

Stuck in the Safe-Zone / Lacking WOW- factor

Kate Beckinsale - great dress very elegant albeit she didn't look glowing and didn't excude that WOW-factor
Samantha Harris - nice color on her - boring dress
Shaun Robinson - pretty 'non-wow' dress ruined by the rhinestones
Maria Menounos - Nice dress, good color on her.. the updo..maybe a bit too conservative
Julie Benz - looked good, albeit 'safe' nothing revolutionary, cute ponytail and good color on her
Jennifer Morrison - good color on her.. boring helmet hair, and for an oscar la renta that dress was rather 'safe'
Angela Kinsey - Meh ..safe choice
Taraji P. Henson - Not really sold on the dress..she looked okay, not stunning
America - dress a bit boring but a great color on her, good accessories and her makeup and hair looked flawless - overall styling great
Christina Applegate - interesting color, but overall a boring dress and too 'safe'
Amy Adams - safe 'boring' choice
Angelina Jolie - Felt a little 'Mother of the Bride' but given the whole 'Sct Angelina' she is trying to portray.. the dress was a good choice
Anne Hathaway - Pretty dress and color.. but seen so many times before on Hathaway.. too safe same goes for her makeup
Jane Krakowski - elegant but safe dress.. I wonder if the edges were supposed to be frayed like that..??
Kate Winslet - Boring dress, that did her bust no favours. Pretty hair and makeup tho'
Penelope Cruz - Boring and safe
Laura Linney - great color on her..pretty dress but somewhat safe
Salma Hayek - Puppies on display.. safe choice, she always looks good.. but there was no Oomph!
Anna Paquin - understated elegance, she was styled very well imo
Susan Sarandon - good choice for her
J.Lo - a very J.Lo dress..
Heidi Klum - pretty makeup and dress
Mary-Louise Parker - great color on her and very understated in a good way
Isla Fisher - looked great overall but no real wow-factor
Sandra Bullock - safe and boring
Demi Moore - boring and blah
Tina Fey - boring and blah
Jennifer Carpenter - safe

Wrong dress Darling..

Hayden Panettiere - not a fan of hayden's dress choices the bustline is too armour-like feels stiff. She could do with a change of red capet makeup style.. the smokey eye is getting predictable
Miley Cyrus - her boobs seems taped too high and her overall look gives off a farmers daughter / milk maid / 70ies bohemian vibe it just doesn't mesh!
Giuliana DePandi - liked the dress, just not on her.. either its her posing that needs improving or her bodytype is all wrong for that dress
Jo Champa - Great red dress.. I just don't think she has enough personal va-va-voom to carry it off .. I LOVED the shoes paired with the dress

Lisa Rinna - Bad choice
Brooke Burke - too many things happening too much mermaid (hair and dress) if the dress had been less overdone and the hair more pulled together she would have looked stunning..
Jessica Capshaw - the short lenght seemed a bit off given the occassion, good color on her
Melissa George - the bustline of the dress was risky.. but looked more odd than anything else. Nice hair and makeup
Beyonce - dress felt a size too small.. and the arranging of the beads put emphasis on her hips, somewhat restraint dress choice..but seen better
eva longoria - good color..but whats with all the mermaid dresses ? I don't like the scallop (sp?) bust line
Megan Fox - Good color on her... but maybe too slinky and at any rate..it mighthave showed of her fantastic physic..but all the same it was terribly boring
Keely Shaye Smith - wrong dress for her bodytype entirely..
Sigourney Weaver - wrong dress for her bodytype
Kate Flannery - Loved her smile.. you can jhust tell that she felt that she looked like a million..which actually helped..because the dress could definately have been more flattering on her..and she could have chosen a better shoe than round nose gunmetal pump??

What was she thinking ?

Renee Zellweger - whoever fitted her dress / styled her must have been cringing their toes.. it wouldn't have been a horror had it been fitted better and had reenee been given some fake lashes - who am I kidding the mermaid tail/trail was horrendus as well.. bad bad bad
Blake Lively - 2 sizes too small and terribly boring
Christina Hendrinks - should take a note from Salma Hayek on how to best present ones puppies
Kat Kramer ? - HORROR looked like an older dressy Wilma Flintstone
Lara Spencer - Ugly color on her, bad dress choice alltogether
Mary Hart - Horrible Gone with the wind dress
Pamela Adlon - Looked messy
Glenn Close - done much better in previous years..this was a miss
Dayana Devon - Rhinestone Hell
Debra Messing - all kinds of wrong

Others..

Madeline Zima - I find her rather unattractive.. and it's really hindering my ability to judge her styling :ninja:

Hanne I agree with most of your lists!!:P

Honestly nobody impresses me this year except Laura, Sandra and Drew.:unsure: Most of the celebs dressed far too safe and boring..

Oh my God, as I said before I knew that the list was going to be like that :judge::doh:

What thiago:smile: ? :lol: are you a mindreader?

.. Oh I realize your talking of the Vogue List.. :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone noticed emma thompson and kate winslat were wearing the same jewelry.....?

^ i can't remeber what Emma's wearing

does anyone have a pic of the runway version of Blake Lively's dress??

anna paquin is from new zealand. and there were really only 3 aussies nominated, rachel griffiths, melissa george and heath ledger. so 1 out of 3 isn't that bad. and considering melissa and rachel were nominated in the same category one of them was bound to lose anyway by default.

ok, fine, my bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->