Golden Globes 2010

ok thanks I thought they were some songs performance at the globes

I'm also hoping that Drew Barrymore wins for Grey's Gardens.

Actually, she rarely wins compared to how many times she has been nominated. She already has said in an interview she doesn't care about award shows anymore because there's so much campaigning that goes on behind the scenes just so you can win, and Meryl to me has always been the moral standard for all actors/actresses and would not want to participate in any behind the scenes happenings. I think her work for Julie & Julia was as great as her work in Doubt, but the academy is famous for giving the award to underdogs.

I agree though that the field of contenders aren't really that amazing this year.

She 'rarely' wins only because she gets nominated every year, but she always wins SOMETHING. Like Illinois School Teachers Critics Awards or something random like that, lol.

And I didn't like Doubt. I mean, it was ok, a bit over the top. The only time Meryl should've won this decade was for Adaptation. Although I haven't seen Julie & Julia, so maybe she deserves it this year too. Best Actress category doesn't seem terribly strong this year. She's definitely taking the Globe, that's for sure.

She 'rarely' wins only because she gets nominated every year, but she always wins SOMETHING. Like Illinois School Teachers Critics Awards or something random like that, lol.

And I didn't like Doubt. I mean, it was ok, a bit over the top. The only time Meryl should've won this decade was for Adaptation. Although I haven't seen Julie & Julia, so maybe she deserves it this year too. Best Actress category doesn't seem terribly strong this year. She's definitely taking the Globe, that's for sure.

What I meant was she rarely wins the big ones. She gets all this praise for her performances mid award season then towards the end she loses. I think the only one that could possibly win against her in that category is Marion Cotillard.

Joseph Gordon Levitt! :woot:
& Gabourey Sadibe. :blush:

I really want to see "An Education".. Carrie Mulligan just seems SO charming in the trailer. :heart:

Yes, I want to see this film also. <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anywhere to watch online? Even though I will probably be sleeping when it's on!
I'm definitely rooting for anything and everything involving Inglourious Basterds!!!

I am free tomorrow so I can watch it, because it's gonne be middle in the night here in Luxembourg
sooooo excited:woot:

Is this on live anywhere in the UK? Sky1 maybe?

I won't watch it.
It's on here between 02:00 - 04:55. Not worth to look bad tomorrow. :P

I think Sky1 has the red carpet and then the ceremony is on one of the movie channels.

I think it's fair to say Avatar is going to take the main title. With all that hype, I wouldn't be surprised but because I'm evil, I really hope it doesn't take anything at all. Ugh all that hype and the comments like "one of the best movies of the decade" pisses me off.

My predictions
Picture Drama: Up in the Air (or Inglourious Basterds)
Picture Comedy: The Hangover (or Nine)
Actor Drama: Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart (or George Clooney)
Actor Comedy: Matt Damon, The Informant (or Robert Downey Jr)
Actress Drama: Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side (or Carey Muligan)
Actress Comedy: Meryl Streep, Julie and Julia
S.Actor: Christoph Waltz, Inglourious Basterds (or Matt Damon)
S.Actress: Mo'Nique, Precious (or Anna Kendrick)
Director: Kathryn Bigelow, The Hurt Locker (or James Cameron)
Screenplay: Up in the Air (or Inglourious Basterds)
Animated: Up
Foreign Language Film: The White Ribbon (or Broken Embraces)
Score: Avatar (or Up)
Song: Nine (or Crazy Heart)

omg did anyone see when Toni colette laughed at Sophia for messing up since her accent gets in the way?

OMG! I am so happy for Michael C. Hall, he is the best! Love him and his work! It's 04:35 in Estonia right now and it is sooo worth watching!

jeff bridges....pretty surprising considering all i've been reading that george was the stand-out.

am i the only that thinks this awards season is a bit dull? to me,there isn't as much variety of compelling films as in recent years past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddttss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->