Golden Globes 2019

I found the award show boring and disappointing. I don't know what I expected anyway, Best Drama Movie cathegory was really odd.

OMG! Emma and Anne looked so washed up.

This had to be the worst GG red carpet wise. My god everyone looks so boring! Not one of the ladies impressed me.

Timothee was the sole star to me

So boring. No one really stood out for me apart from Timothee. Rosamund, Thandie and Rachel Weisz all looked great though.

Also, is it just me or are the Globes less star-studded this year?

Gemma Chan is my favorite look by far. I also like Rosamund Pike's outfit for the evening - she and Givenchy are truly an unbeatable combination. :wub:

Boring edition under every point. I liked Timothee, Rosamund, Saoirse, Gemma and Lupita. I'm also happy for Rami

Lena Waithe in Prada. Sapphic-chic of the highest order. :heart: (src: popsugar.com)

I really liked Timothée's Vuitton glitter bib (LV says it's a bib, not a harness) and the outfit looks great on him, total red carpet inspo. I also loved Janelle, who took a big risk in Chanel and I deeply appreciate her for that, Rosamund and Saoirse.

What a mixed-bag of a red carpet, and not necessarily in a good way. It seems the big names we often see on covers and big movies didn't bother.

My favourite look of based on what I'm seeing on these pages is Rosamund Pike, without a doubt. Her body is banging, hair looks immaculate, and that detailed dress didn't need the cropped jacket/bolero , but she's wearing it with so much confidence.
Saoirse is another stunner. Not exactly a dress I'd picture on her because she's so demure, but for once the flash of sexuality did her wonders.
It seems LV is finally realising with all their celebrity spokespersons, they actually need formal dresses instead of modified daywear. For some reason, I'm mad about the look on Laura Harrier. The embellished top part looks great on her, just wished the sequined bottom were more fitting. But she looks lovely!
Olivia Colman! Such a stunner, loved that it was both age and shape-appropriate, without delving into the princessy realm of Emmy Rossum, or excessively morbid like Glenn Close (in Chanel?)
Octavia Spencer! The proportions and length of that dress did wonders for her.
Taraji looked understated, yet so chic. One could argue that her dress was almost too simple, but she accesorised it well.
Kiki Layne in Dior is also a vision of elegance. Love that her dress fits better than the versions which Charlize and her mates wore in Jadore's perfume vid. Plus the choker and hair really turned this into a winning look.

I should like Julia's ensemble, but there's something off. The pants are too short, I think. And satin black with sheer nude AND rhinestones and a blank belt don't match. Too much detailing.
Amber Heard should've gone with another dress. Hair and makeup look dramatic, and her figure looks so wholesome, and she went with that 80s drop waist?
Lupita is another one whose dress didn't suit her physique. That small bustier around her toned torso and should looked off. As in, it could slip off anytime.
Elisabeth looked too underdressed. Like she's an assistant accompanying her big celeb boss to the event.
Pity Yalitza's stylist couldn't accesorise that dress with a necklace or bracelet. Something to prevent it from looking like couture negligee. The tiara did nothing, to be honest.

The ones who took some gambles which didn't pay off was Lucy Lui (torn about that outfit, but her hair colour was definitely wrong forr the look), Joanna Newsom in Rodarte (like the's wearing her grandmother's pillowcase), Eden Fisher (what was that even, and with that slouchy pose??), and Janelle Monae (a big no from head to toe, and it looked worse because of her height)

Deja Vu awards should go to Nicole, Amy (didn't even try), Anne (tacky), Emma (drab!), Giuliana Rancic (who somehow made Gucci look boring) Emmy, Lena Waithe in a pantsuit and eternal fckboy expression (because, obviously), and Germanotta who really should stop with these overwrought evening gowns now. The premiere is over, stop the whole frail 50s starlet act.

Also, Irina must be one alpha female! Either that or Bradley Cooper's stylist is doing a consistently shoddy job:

People.com/Wmagazine.com

I think Bradley looks fine, but just fine. That girl next to him in those 2 pictures..she's the one w/ a stylist problem, IMO.

I was underwhelmed at first, but I think there were plenty of looks to admire. The winners themselves, however, were hella embarassing. Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody?

Rosamund Pike in Givenchy is always a winner
Jodie Comer looked dark and dramatic in Ralph & Russo
Timothee Chalamet
in an embellished harness by Virgil Abloh for LV is bound to be one of the more iconic images of 2019, whether you liked it or not
The ying to Timmy's yang in an embellishe bra: Alison Brie in Vera Wang
Olivia Colman
looked very cool in Stella McCartney
KiKi Layne
deserves some props for managing to make a choker look cool in Dior
Rachel Weisz
made herself an easy punchline by wearing a Hedi Slimane for Celine dress that kind of resembled toilet paper, but I think she pulled off
Lucy Boynton, also in Slimane's Celine, elevated what could've been a generic look on somebody else
Cody Fern was dismantling gender stereotypes in Margiela
Phoebe Waller-Bridge
in Galvan was sexy as hell
Billy Porter in Randi Rahm. Need I say more?
Glenn Close in Armani Privé... classy as hell, but also quite edgy. Kudos to Close for choosing a challenging shape
Judy Greer in Alberta Ferretti. Always love a woman in a tux
Jessica Chastain in Riccardo Tisci for Burberry's first award show look. I like a lot!
Danai Gurira and Joanna Newsom looked great in Rodarte
Julianne Moore
looked great in Givenchy
Yalitza Aparicio
looked sweet in Miu Miu!
Saoirse Ronan suits Gucci's aesthetic, that's for sure.

Rachel Brosnahan looked great on screen, but in pictures,Probably would’ve looked better with a sleeker silhouette

I also liked Julia Roberts in Stella McCartney look more than most people did.

Charlize Theron looks reliably good in Dior, but that dress is almost identical to Kate Winslet's Jenny Peckham from a few years ago.

However, I wish I could say I liked Gemma Chan in Valentino as much as everyone else.

Lots of sleek gowns with deep v-necklines. I hope this replaces nude tulle gowns as the go-to red carpet look.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->