Good Fashion Documentaries

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by Moda di Camilo, Sep 24, 2007.

1. DivineStyle

DivineStyle New Member

Just watched Unzipped for the first time today and I loved it

2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

@Lola701 .....clear your diary, love!

WWD.com

Lola701 likes this.
  3. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Thank you my dear!
    You know me so well already...
    It’s funny, Signe Chanel was released in 7 parts the first time it aired.
    And like with Signe Chanel, it’s not about my favorite collection from him.

I hope it will be available worldwide. Netflix France is kinda weak!

4. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

I hope Karl's teeth were fixed during these docuseries :innocent:.

Lola701 and Benn98 like this.
  5. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I’ve seen the documentary...
    Seriously, it’s maybe the weakest documentary i’ve seen in a longtime. It’s not a documentary for someone who knows a little bit about the behind the scenes of a fashion house...

The fact that it’s only about the week before the show might be to fault but Loïc Prigent did a better job with his « The day before » series.

Some people would discover people from Karl’s team like the set designer, the casting director and such but apart from that...
    Some important parts of Couture are missed like the clientele and such. I didn’t understand the need for brand ambassador to talk...

Nevertheless, great spirit all over. You feel a love and a real connection with the people in the house. The magic with Chanel is that it doesn’t feel « corporate ». They know and respect each others.

And I love how the Premiere rocks Chanel. They have jewellery, watches, RTW...all Chanel and they are wearing it with a refreshing nonchalance. Some of their clients should learn from them...

Signe Chanel is far more complete.
    Chanel should release a DVD of their old shows. It was frustrating to see some footages of 80’s couture shows.

6. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Details on Chiara Ferragni’s Docufilm Revealed

A range of fashion personalities, including Donatella Versace, Diane von Furstenberg and Maria Grazia Chiuri, will appear in the documentary about the life of the Italian influencer.

By Sandra Salibian on January 2, 2019

MILAN — New year, new projects, old resolutions.

Chiara Ferragni is set to keep increasing her popularity in 2019 through the release of a documentary about her life, celebrating the 10th anniversary since the creation of her The Blonde Salad digital platform.

Directed by emerging Italian director Elisa Amoruso and produced by Memo Films Srl, the docufilm will explore the private and professional life of Ferragni, showing the role she played in the disruptive digital revolution occurred over the last decade.

Hitting the movie theaters this fall, the movie will see the contributions of a range of fashion personalities, including Donatella Versace, Diane von Furstenberg, Jeremy Scott and Maria Grazia Chiuri, among others. In addition, academic professors, sociologists and some of Ferragni’s followers will make an appearance.

As reported, the influencer and entrepreneur started filming the documentary during her wedding in Noto, Sicily, in September. The filming continued after the three-day celebrations, following the influencer during the fashion weeks in New York, Milan, Paris and while visiting her hometown of Cremona.

In addition to the docufilm, Ferragni will also launch her first beauty masterclass this year. As reported, the influencer teamed with her personal makeup artist Manuele Mameli for the initiative — dubbed Beauty Bites — which will be held in Milan’s Teatro Vetra venue on Feb. 9 to 10.

WWD.com

7. eugenius

eugenius Well-Known Member

I still have no clue who she is. It's probably safe to say I'm better off for this.

8. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Donna Karan Joins Other Designers in ‘American Style’ on CNN

The four-part docuseries examines how America’s changing style through the decades has mirrored the political, social and economic climate of the time.

By Lisa Lockwood on January 9, 2019

Donna Karan is among the designers who appear in CNN’s new original series, “American Style,” which will air Jan. 13 and Jan. 20, with back-to-back episodes at 9 p.m. and 10 p.m., ET.

The four-part docuseries features archival footage and interviews with Karan, along with Tim Gunn, Carson Kressley, Vanessa Williams, Beverly Johnson, Isaac Mizrahi, Jeffrey Banks, Christie Brinkley, John Varvatos and Diane von Furstenberg, among others.

In one of the episodes, Karan talks about how when she began working, clothes were suits, shirts and ties, and she created the idea of “Seven Easy Pieces,” beginning with the bodysuit. The show examines how America’s changing style through the decades has mirrored the political, social and economic climate of the time. The series, which also touts First Ladies Jacqueline Kennedy, Michelle Obama and Melania Trump, highlights the most iconic moments from fashion and pop culture.

The premiere episode explores style in the Forties and Fifties, how World War II and Hollywood helped create America’s own fashion identity, and the introduction of new trends such as the bikini, Zoot suit, shoulder pads, and the white tee as popularized by James Dean. The second episode tackles the style of the Sixties and Seventies as the youth culture comes into its own and fashion takes an extreme turn with looks such as miniskirts, the wrap dress, disco attire and all-black clothing as worn by the Black Panther Party. The remaining two episodes examine the history and style of the Eighties, Nineties and Aughts, and the rise of the supermodels with Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss becoming household names and styles such as grunge and heroin chic. While Karan is mostly in episodes two and three, she provides commentary throughout the series.

The docuseries is produced by Vox Entertainment in collaboration with Doc Shop Productions.

WWD.com

9. eugenius

I watched the Kevyn Aucoin doc on Netflix last night. It was all interview with models & celebrities, plus A LOT of his own personal behind-the-scenes footage of said clients. 90s Cindy..very cool :)

I remember that "Making Faces" book he had back then. My mom bought it, and, I kid you not, nearly everybody who walked through our house would thumb through that book and be totally wowed by the pictures. That's a good memory to have saved in my memory-bank, no?

Benn98 likes this.
  10. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up, Eugenius! Will check it out.

11. eugenius

Be forewarned: there is a sad element to it (he did die, after all), but, I think they handled it in such a way where you're not grabbing for the tissues necessarily. It's not heavy on the dramatic side of his life. Enjoy!