GOSSIP:Big Phat Lawsuit

ultramarine

chaos reigns
Reaction score
From NYDailyNews

Kimora Lee Simmons is a runway model, talk-show host, hip-hop entrepreneur - and, according to a new lawsuit, a ripoff artist.

Designer A'Lone Alakazia claims in Manhattan Federal Court that Kimora and her hubby, rap mogul Russell Simmons, reneged on a deal to give him credit and 8% of the gross sales of their Baby Phat Pink fashion line.

Even though Kimora said on "Oprah" that she created the collection, Alakazia alleges that Kimora "does not have the skills, experience or knowledge to design clothing."

Alakazia contends that, after he worked 18 hours a day to design jewelry, shoes, handbags and lingerie, the Simmonses had him physically removed from the Baby Phat studio.

Kimora, who was arrested last month in New Jersey for alleged reckless driving and drug possession (charges she denies), said through a rep that Alakazia "worked for Baby Phat for 90 days and was let go after that period. ... This is a shameless and meritless suit."

I dunno wut to say.

Okay I think I need to get to bed, I've been sayin that on the last 3 posts. my mind is blank right now or somewhere else.

Nite everyone.

Wow.. That guy is stupid for admitting to be the one to design all of that crap. :lol:

Originally posted by ultramarine@Aug 18 2004, 11:44 PM
Even though Kimora said on "Oprah" that she created the collection, Alakazia alleges that Kimora "does not have the skills, experience or knowledge to design clothing."
:winkiss:

i enjoyed the part when he said she does not have the skills, exprience, or knowledge to design clothes!!!

i had an intern working fo rme that could barely read and write...we were about to let her go when she informed us that she was leaving because she got a job DESIGNING for sean john...apparently baby phat and sean john regularly hire young design students...pay them next to nothing and use all their ideas...

maybe that's why they suck so bad... :ninja:

I am not surprised at all. One of my teachers once told me that this is a big problem in the industry and numerous interns/students have their designs ripped off. I also have a friend who told me that a famous designer she interned for regularly took the interns ideas and put them on the runway. :angry: I don't understand why nothing is being done to try to combat this problem.

didn't think she was smart enough.... hah :smile:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 19 2004, 09:37 AM
i had an intern working fo rme that could barely read and write...we were about to let her go when she informed us that she was leaving because she got a job DESIGNING for sean john...apparently baby phat and sean john regularly hire young design students...pay them next to nothing and use all their ideas...

maybe that's why they suck so bad... :ninja:
[snapback]338379[/snapback]​

Like Ghesquiere, and Kaisik Wong. It's especially easy when they're dead.

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Aug 19 2004, 03:46 AM
:rofl: I mean, maybe he thinks it's stylin'?
Good.. she deserves it.
[snapback]338277[/snapback]​

Or maybe he designed crap on purpose to spite the b*tch :lol:...

I know I would then convince her its fabolous.

Originally posted by luna@Aug 19 2004, 01:37 AM
Wow.. That guy is stupid for admitting to be the one to design all of that crap. :lol:
[snapback]338053[/snapback]​

OMG, thats exactly what I was thinking, I wouldn't be so proud, or so quik to make a fuss about a collection as sub par as that, but I guess he wants his money! :rolleyes:

Is it really so hard to design an obnoxious pink tank top with 'Baby Phat' in rhinestones? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by luna@Aug 19 2004, 02:37 PM
[snapback]338053[/snapback]​
:lol: He probably thinks it's good. How stupid can one get ?

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Why am I cheering you might ask? Well, it's just plain common sense that Kimora has absolutely no talent as a designer, but this just may make it official.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->