GOSSIP:No Real Men In Hollywood?

stylegurrl

Reaction score
Real men don't dis other men

Ian West / AP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actor Johnny Messner doesn’t think Orlando Bloom is very macho.

“Orlando Bloom’s a hermaphrodite,” Messner told the Ottawa Citizen. We believe the star of the forthcoming “Anacondas: The Hunt For the Blood Orchid” was speaking facetiously about the “Lord of the Rings” heartthrob — but he went on to say, “I don’t want to be prettier than the woman I’m walking with. . . . Right now, what I feel in Hollywood is that they’re so pretty and dainty and so metro that it’s repulsive to me!”

Messner apparently thinks that there aren’t many “real men” in Hollywood these days. He trashed or dismissed a long list of Hollywood stars as being too old or too feminine, and when asked about Vin Diesel he replied, “Listen! Vin Diesel’s my friend for a long time (but) nobody wants a one-note actor. . . . I couldn’t even watch 10 minutes of [“XXX”]. It was repetitive. “A Man Apart” —nothing. I’m not trying to crap on Vin Diesel. I’m saying that if that’s what we’ve got now for a real man, then we’ve got problems.”

Johnny Messner

Who the hell does he think he is? I've never heard his name before, let alone knew he was in a movie, that hasn't even come out yet mind you!

“I don’t want to be prettier than the woman I’m walking with. . . . Right now, what I feel in Hollywood is that they’re so pretty and dainty and so metro that it’s repulsive to me!”

Messner apparently thinks that there aren’t many “real men” in Hollywood these days. He trashed or dismissed a long list of Hollywood stars as being too old or too feminine, and when asked about Vin Diesel he replied, “Listen! Vin Diesel’s my friend for a long time (but) nobody wants a one-note actor. . . . I couldn’t even watch 10 minutes of [“XXX”]. It was repetitive. “A Man Apart” —nothing. I’m not trying to crap on Vin Diesel. I’m saying that if that’s what we’ve got now for a real man, then we’ve got problems.”

Let's see how many movies this guy makes after these coments are flying around Tinsel Town :woot:

At least he's speaking his mind; there really are sooo many pretty boys in Hollywood (not that I mind).

Originally posted by ebowleg@Aug 23 2004, 10:18 AM
Let's see how many movies this guy makes after these coments are flying around Tinsel Town :woot:
[snapback]342561[/snapback]​

Lots. In case you haven't hearf first rule of public relations, "Bad publicity is as good as any publicity". At least he didn't star in a home p*rn video to gain celebrity status.

Originally posted by ebowleg@Aug 23 2004, 10:18 AM
Who the hell does he think he is? I've never heard his name before, let alone knew he was in a movie, that hasn't even come out yet mind you!
[snapback]342561[/snapback]​

Agreed. What makes him the absolute authority on what a "real" man is. Why is there even an article about this? He must have a rather good press rep for a nobody to have a story written about his stupid opinion.

I hate it when people shoot their mouthes like that... take note from Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt about graciousness.

i would love to know his age requirements bc i immediately think of people like christian bale, george clooney, colin farrell, joaquin phoenix, who all are quite handsome, but not at all in an effete way.

okay, as you can see, I love Orlando! so I hate every single person who disses him haha..... :wink:

but seriously who the f*** is this guy and who cares about what he says? probably he's just jealous because he doesn't have the success or the looks!
I mean, sorry if I sound like I have to defend him, but Orlando did some great movies, not all of them were successful! but it shows that he doesn't care about money or that he looks good, whatever. he searches for characters who push him to his limit (thinking of "Troy" he plays an anti-hero and a "weak" character in it.....) and I think so about the other actors this IDIOT mentioned as well, not just Orlando.
Vin Diesel, he's a fine actor!!
he doesn't know those people, so he'd better shut up!

and seriously....what do we expect of an "ACTOR" who plays in a movie called “Anacondas: The Hunt For the Blood Orchid” yeah whooooaaa.....I'm sure it will be a absolutely demanding movie hahahaha

sorry, I had to let that out because NOBODY TALKS BAD ABOUT MY ORLANDO!!!!
hahaha.....j/k

Anna

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Aug 23 2004, 12:25 PM
not every one is a macho man or should be one
[snapback]342692[/snapback]​

agreed...machismo is so overrated...

What is a real man??
Thats so stupid... He says dainty pretty men repulse him, well arrogant, rude men that "crap on" hot actors like Orlando and Vin repulse us!

hahaha - he actually said "Orlando Bloom is a hermaphrodite?"

I don't believe it, but that's one amusing lie.

Still, this guy needs to get a clue...besides, is he the one that's going to "turn Hollywood around"? I think not. Plus, he's not exactly in a "blockbuster" himself...lol.

\\edit//

Here's what he looks like...

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/2186/E...ssner,%20Johnny

That hat does not make him look so macho now does it? So he needs to stop calling the kettle black. This fool isn't making any friend any time soon...

Plus, I hate the fact that he's implying that there is a right and wrong way to be a man. If all men were truly macho, then all men wouldn't give a damn about leaving skidmarks on their undies... because you know how macho men don't care about those feminine things.

Wow, can we say ***hole? First off, Orlando Bloom is a star who has millions of females running to the theatre to see a movie just because he's starring in them. Johnny can't say that about himself now can he?

When are people going to learn that being a real man doesn't mean being an un-emotional neanderthal? All I have to say is, it takes a real man to feel......and takes real talent to play a character who feels.

He's entitled to his own opinion.

Though I don't agree with him at all. Orlando is just too hot. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->