GOSSIP:SJP's Gap Ads

nycgirl84

Reaction score
This tidbit is from Gawker.com Thought it was kind of funny in a very mean way Don't get offende by how bitchy it sounds, by the way. That's just the type of humor on this most excellent Web site.

Sarah Jessica Parker with a side of Schadenfreude
We don't know if the heat is getting to you kids or what, but your claws are way the f*ck out today. We love it, of course! Take, for instance, an observation on Sarah Jessica Parker's Gap advertisements, which, in case you have been so fortunate as to not notice, are splayed all over our fair city. I noticed that all of the new Gap "How Do You" SJP posters around town are being ripped to shreds or graffitied with the word "UGLY" splayed across. Don't know if the comment was meant for the clothes or for Ms. Parker, who has the most unattractive face for a sex symbol since, oh, um, Jennifer Aniston Pitt.
Life after Sex and the City is rough, eh?

Originally posted by nycgirl84@Aug 20 2004, 04:53 PM
I noticed that all of the new Gap "How Ms. Parker, who has the most unattractive face for a sex symbol since, oh, um, Jennifer Aniston Pitt.

[snapback]340206[/snapback]​

:lol:

in a way, SO true...

haha omgoshh that is sooo right...i never found SJP to be all that great in the looks department :lol: and same with jennifer aniston

what i find very interesting and difficult to understand is that we all know SJP as always being very very very well dressed, especially as Carrie Bradshaw. What confuses me is that both SJP AND Carrie would most likely never ever ever wear what would classify her as a "gap girl"... both the actress and the character would likely only ever wear one piece from the GAP at a time...

i dont get it. same with Madonna doing the GAP campaign-- do you think she ever even wears GAP??

Originally posted by hotpinky@Aug 20 2004, 05:27 PM
what i find very interesting and difficult to understand is that we all know SJP as always being very very very well dressed, especially as Carrie Bradshaw. What confuses me is that both SJP AND Carrie would most likely never ever ever wear what would classify her as a "gap girl"... both the actress and the character would likely only ever wear one piece from the GAP at a time...

i dont get it. same with Madonna doing the GAP campaign-- do you think she ever even wears GAP??
[snapback]340232[/snapback]​

No, but they're probably getting a huge amount of money!

Although this ad campaign may be a bust for SJP in regards of publicity, I'm sure her image will be fine despite it

i LOVE the ads...i think they're some of the best styled ads gap has ever done...

and as far as how she looks...have you walked down the street lately?...look around...the average person isn't even as attractive as she is...so doesn't it make more sense to have a spokesperson who is more'normal' looking than some stunning superhuman 15 yr old that makes everyone feel inadequate...

i think the ads are amazing...and i haven't seen any that have been graffitied in my hood...

i especially love th eone with the knickers, cane and little blazer...very cool... :heart: :flower:

Harsh, but true.

I never saw her appeal as some beauty. Just because you don some designer duds, doesn't make ya beautiful.

Originally posted by yourbestfriend@Aug 21 2004, 05:37 PM
i always thought she was ugly
[snapback]341118[/snapback]​

man, i totally agree. SJP and jennifer aniston look like good makeovers, nothing more..they are not beautiful at all!

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Aug 20 2004, 06:01 PM
She was a judge in a carrot contest last week.
[snapback]340272[/snapback]​

No way!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Aug 21 2004, 07:01 AM
She was a judge in a carrot contest last week.
[snapback]340272[/snapback]​
Hahaaaha :blush: :lol: :rofl:

I don't think SJP or Jennifer are beautiful, but what you all are saying is far too harsh. She's a fashion icon and that's why GAP got her, being a supermodel isn't her job..and I don't expect her to look like one.

Originally posted by prixi@Aug 23 2004, 09:18 AM

I don't think SJP or Jennifer are beautiful, but what you all are saying is far too harsh. She's a fashion icon and that's why GAP got her, being a supermodel isn't her job..and I don't expect her to look like one.
[snapback]342504[/snapback]​

But shouldn't she at least be pretty? :innocent:

Originally posted by oanadobre@Aug 23 2004, 10:44 PM
But shouldn't she at least be pretty? :innocent:
[snapback]342531[/snapback]​
She isn't so it definitely won't be very appealing. But I still say it's about what she wears...they see her as a fashion icon (although I don't) :innocent:

Originally posted by prixi@Aug 23 2004, 09:18 AM

[snapback]342504[/snapback]​

I don't think she is much of a fashion icon. Sure she looks great when the SATC stylists dressed her and when her stylist dresses her for an event.

If you actually see her in candid photos she looks like trailer trash dressed for her trip to Wal-Mart.

I think the people who call her a fashion icon dont see the difference between TV (SATC) and real life.

People get real! The clothing that she wears on the show were not hers and were not picked out by her!!! Neither are the dresses she wears to award shows and events :wink:

Originally posted by CelineChic@Aug 24 2004, 03:21 PM

I think the people who call her a fashion icon dont see the difference between TV (SATC) and real life.

People get real! The clothing that she wears on the show were not hers and were not picked out by her!!! Neither are the dresses she wears to award shows and events :wink:
[snapback]343506[/snapback]​

Well, I don't consider her one..but many people apparently do.

Regardless of her physical appearance, she is a fashion icon, whether you like it or not.

I don't think the GAP ads are a work of art, but I feel they are appropriate for the market to which they project themselves.

What I like about both SJP and Jennifer A. is that they are different looking. Neither is your typical idea of "beautiful." But, they have character and carry themselves in a way that give them that something special. Personally, I'm sick of the "model" look, I like to see personality, charisma....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->