Goyard bags / luggage

I saw a fake Goyard in Taipei, in a small fashion boutique. lolz the dots looked weird and the name too lol

I think the dots as well make it look slightly strange I do like it howvere has a kinda quirky ness to it...

guys i know it's probably been answered already, but what is the average price of a goyard st louis in pounds? i read they're opening a shop in the summer and am thinking of starting saving up for one! also, how much more is it to get it customized? (with your initials for instance)

thank youuu

i'll be making a trip to japan this sept.

can someone tell me if it's cheaper to get it in japan or paris?

^While I don't have any numbers, I would say Paris would be cheaper. Most luxury goods have ridiculous markups in Japan.

customization can be done in any official Goyard store

tho i think the japanese store would send it to the french workshops, which would mean that buying and customizing it in french would be a, cheaper b, faster.

How long does customisation take (in Paris)? Less than a week, or is that being too hopeful?

I have a Goyard wallet and have no problems with flaking/peeling/etc. Maybe I'm just lucky...

i'll be making a trip to japan this sept.

can someone tell me if it's cheaper to get it in japan or paris?
All European designer brands are more expensive in Japan. Loveless carry Goyard but are 50% more expensive than Paris. Customization can be done but will take several months.

guys i know it's probably been answered already, but what is the average price of a goyard st louis in pounds? i read they're opening a shop in the summer and am thinking of starting saving up for one! also, how much more is it to get it customized? (with your initials for instance)

thank youuu

I dont know if the prices are going to be different in UK but I checked here with the SA at Barneys, they said the stripe and initials are, in total, around 310 (Yikes!). As for the bag itself, St. Louis is about 1k for GM and prolly 100-200 less for PM. I think PM looks better on women cuz the GM is REALLY big. Based on the prices that I have mentioned and the currency exchange rate, you could calculate the approximate prices. But if you could, I would totally go to France. It would save u A LOT less cuz I heard the bags are cheaper over there. Hope this helps. And dont forget to post the pix once u get it.

I think you can order them from France by phone, with shipping and customs it's still cheaper than buying it in the US...

Wow really? I guess they marked it up a lot here. Anyone who speaks French here...? lol

I bought my Okinawa PM in July 06 for 850€ (price including tax of 19,6%), while Barney's sold the same one for 1465$ (Not sure if it's including tax or not) at that time (the dollar-euro exchange rate was a bit different too). Shipping from France to Austria would have been 60€... and I think if you order from the US you wouldn't be paying french tax, but only US tax which is lower anyway

Is that Euro? How much was that in USD? Could u send me the pix? Thanx

I bought my Okinawa PM in July 06 for 850€ (price including tax of 19,6%), while Barney's sold the same one for 1465$ (Not sure if it's including tax or not) at that time (the dollar-euro exchange rate was a bit different too). Shipping from France to Austria would have been 60€... and I think if you order from the US you wouldn't be paying french tax, but only US tax which is lower anyway

850€ were 1164$ back then. what pix? I'm just using the Okinawa PM as an example for pricing, I thought you are interested in a St. Louis?

yes i am but i just wanted to see how that Okinawa PM looks. lol. BTW, hows the durability of the bag? I heard mixed opinions about it. Also, I heard if it breaks, theres absolutely no way to repair it. Is it true? I need a good canvas bag for skoo and daily use. would it be good enough for this purpose? If not, wat would be better? thanx

oh I see, sorry if I sounded rude, was pretty much confused by 'the pix' ^^ anyway, I've attached some pics (inside my bag, outside and detailed pics of the only peeling I ever had: the leather part (on the inner side) near the zippers chipped, but the zipper rubs against them each time the bag is zipped. more of a design problem than quality problem. my handles are fine, no chipping at all, just some stretching, but I was carrying really heavy loads sometimes. I also put a lot in it volume-wise a few times and it held up well. The metal zippers did lose their shine very fast though, but it's a problem you won't encounter with a hardware free bag. the canvas is really water-resistant and sturdy. however, I use this bag like once a month as it's rigid (for formal events) and I prefer soft and slouchy usually

Wow. Gorgeous! Thanx. I want something else too but St Louis is the only thing that I could afford. LOL

you're welcome. if you happen to go to Paris then you might be able to afford something else as euro prices aren't as outrageous as in the US (and you would get ~12% VAT back). for a guy the Ambassade or Urbain would be nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->